WiiM Wake-Up Light Beta Test Users

We're getting ready to launch another WiiM product - WiiM Wake-up Light. It's an all-in-one device - an alarm clock, sound machine, sunrise/sunset light, and a smart speaker with streaming content. If that piques your interest, please read on. 😊

We're looking for Beta Test Users located in the US. Please complete the form below if you're interested in beta testing our WiiM Wake-up Light by testing the features and reporting issues/bugs. We will only be selecting 10 users. Once selected, we will email you directly with more info.

Sign-up form

For those selected, we ask you to keep information about the product to yourself as we iron out the bugs and issues.

Regarding the official launch date, we're looking at June on Amazon.com (US) market.

Thanks!
WiiM

Last edited:
Wiim hasn’t comment on the new streamer maybe they getting the feedback and produced what most users like to have. I’m sure there are users would have dac and without a dac. In this case, I think wiim should produce both product to caters both users. To me, I just want streamer like digital transport like ifi streamer with all the connections of pro plus with additional features like usb, sub out with bass management and room correction. It would be great if they incorporate Dirac even if I have to pay extra on licensing fee to have best room correction.

Wiim hasn’t comment on the new streamer maybe they getting the feedback and produced what most users like to have. I’m sure there are users would have dac and without a dac. In this case, I think wiim should produce both product to caters both users. To me, I just want streamer like digital transport like ifi streamer with all the connections of pro plus with additional features like usb, sub out with bass management and room correction. It would be great if they incorporate Dirac even if I have to pay extra on licensing fee to have best room correction.
OK fair enough - I just see this as a wake-up light for a bedside table in a bedroom with a small built in speaker to playback live streams e.g. for waking up to radio or your favourite playlist (.e. the light progressively gets brighter for 10 minutes before the music or radio starts playing).

If you see it used in other places with space for an external DAC + Amp + speakers then not having a DAC would be an option.

It would be another product in the WiiM portfolio. Certainly not a replacement for their (hopefully) ambitious audio/streaming/whatsoever items. We have to wait...and see...and decide what's for us and what's for others. Maybe there is an overlap between the us and the others 😉😉

Has anyone received their test unit yet? My offer to be part of testing went to spam folder so hoping I wasn’t too late to be part of testing.

Just received and update that the Wiim wake light will be shipped to me on Monday. Looking forward to sharing my impression and thoughts concerning it once it arrives.

Not sure if need to start another post on this product or just add to this one?

Just received and update that the Wiim wake light will be shipped to me on Monday. Looking forward to sharing my impression and thoughts concerning it once it arrives.

Not sure if need to start another post on this product or just add to this one?
If it’s still a beta, check if WiiM are happy for your findings to be publicly shared. They may wish to resolve issues with betas like other providers do before the unit/software goes on general release.

If it’s still a beta, check if WiiM are happy for your findings to be publicly shared. They may wish to resolve issues with betas like other providers do before the unit/software goes on general release.
Considering it’s been released on amazon it shouldn’t be an issue. But will double check with them make sure since haven’t seen anything posted yet from the other beta testers.

Hi. @cherroip

Is there an AUX output?
Thank you in advance.
Their video show a nice animation of what expect from the device hardwarewise:
No physical audio i/o at all.
A LOT of buttons.
It is still a very Wiim (linkplay) product but the target audience is probably very different from the hardcore audiophile.
It's a ALLWINNER-R328 like a Wiim Mini.

Name: MUZO Cobblestone
Desc: MUZO Cobblestone
Type:

Model Number:
V01-Jun 26 2023

Serial Number:

Manufacturer:
Linkplay Technology Inc.

Manufacturer Url:

Model Url:
----------------------------------------
language : en_us
ssid : WiiM Light_7258
hideSSID : 0
firmware : Linkplay.4.6.521245
build : release
project : WiiM_Light
priv_prj : WiiM_Light
Release : 20230626
FW_Release_version :
PCB_version : 0
group : 0
wmrm_version : 4.2
expired : 0
internet : 1
uuid : FF97002D17231BA14A94B51E
MAC : B8:13:32:D7:72:58
BT_MAC : B8:13:32:D7:72:59
AP_MAC : BA:13:32:D7:72:58
date : 2023:06:30
time : 16:52:51
netstat : 2
essid : 537069646572706967
apcli0 : 192.168.1.117
eth0 : 0.0.0.0
ETH_MAC : 00:00:00:00:00:00
hardware : ALLWINNER-R328
VersionUpdate : 1
NewVer : Linkplay.4.6.521530
mcu_ver : 39
mcu_ver_new : 0
update_check_count : 4
BleRemote_update_checked_counter: 0
ra0 : 10.10.10.254
temp_uuid : 2545E52DAC1CA9AC
cap1 : 0x402
capability : 0x20084000
languages : 0x1ec
prompt_status : 1
alexa_ver : 20180604
alexa_beta_enable : 0
alexa_force_beta_cfg : 0
dsp_ver : 0
streams_all : 0x1ffffbfc
streams : 0x1ffffbfc
region : unknown
volume_control : 0
external : 0x0
preset_key : 6
plm_support : 0x4
lbc_support : 0
WifiChannel : 0
RSSI : -23
BSSID : 00:11:32:B6:A9:3D
wlanSnr : 35
wlanNoise : -92
wlanFreq : 5745
wlanDataRate : 433
battery : 0
battery_percent : 0
securemode : 1
ota_interface_ver : 2.0
upnp_version : 1005
upnp_uuid : uuid:FF97002D-1723-1BA1-4A94-B51EFF97002D
uart_pass_port : 8899
communication_port : 8819
web_firmware_update_hide : 0
tidal_version : 2.0
service_version : 1.0
audio_channel_config : 1.0
app_timezone_id : America/New_York
avs_timezone_id : America/New_York
tz_info_ver : 1.0
tz : -4.0
power_mode : -1
security : https/2.0
security_version : 3.0
security_capabilities : {
"ver": "1.0",
"aes_ver": "1.0"
}
public_https_version : 1.0
privacy_mode : 0
DeviceName : WiiM Light_7258
GroupName : WiiM Light_7258

Their video show a nice animation of what expect from the device hardwarewise:
No physical audio i/o at all.
A LOT of buttons.
It is still a very Wiim (linkplay) product but the target audience is probably very different from the hardcore audiophile.
It's a ALLWINNER-R328 like a Wiim Mini.

Name: MUZO Cobblestone
Desc: MUZO Cobblestone
Type:

Model Number:
V01-Jun 26 2023

Serial Number:

Manufacturer:
Linkplay Technology Inc.

Manufacturer Url:

Model Url:
----------------------------------------
language : en_us
ssid : WiiM Light_7258
hideSSID : 0
firmware : Linkplay.4.6.521245
build : release
project : WiiM_Light
priv_prj : WiiM_Light
Release : 20230626
FW_Release_version :
PCB_version : 0
group : 0
wmrm_version : 4.2
expired : 0
internet : 1
uuid : FF97002D17231BA14A94B51E
MAC : B8:13:32:D7:72:58
BT_MAC : B8:13:32:D7:72:59
AP_MAC : BA:13:32:D7:72:58
date : 2023:06:30
time : 16:52:51
netstat : 2
essid : 537069646572706967
apcli0 : 192.168.1.117
eth0 : 0.0.0.0
ETH_MAC : 00:00:00:00:00:00
hardware : ALLWINNER-R328
VersionUpdate : 1
NewVer : Linkplay.4.6.521530
mcu_ver : 39
mcu_ver_new : 0
update_check_count : 4
BleRemote_update_checked_counter: 0
ra0 : 10.10.10.254
temp_uuid : 2545E52DAC1CA9AC
cap1 : 0x402
capability : 0x20084000
languages : 0x1ec
prompt_status : 1
alexa_ver : 20180604
alexa_beta_enable : 0
alexa_force_beta_cfg : 0
dsp_ver : 0
streams_all : 0x1ffffbfc
streams : 0x1ffffbfc
region : unknown
volume_control : 0
external : 0x0
preset_key : 6
plm_support : 0x4
lbc_support : 0
WifiChannel : 0
RSSI : -23
BSSID : 00:11:32:B6:A9:3D
wlanSnr : 35
wlanNoise : -92
wlanFreq : 5745
wlanDataRate : 433
battery : 0
battery_percent : 0
securemode : 1
ota_interface_ver : 2.0
upnp_version : 1005
upnp_uuid : uuid:FF97002D-1723-1BA1-4A94-B51EFF97002D
uart_pass_port : 8899
communication_port : 8819
web_firmware_update_hide : 0
tidal_version : 2.0
service_version : 1.0
audio_channel_config : 1.0
app_timezone_id : America/New_York
avs_timezone_id : America/New_York
tz_info_ver : 1.0
tz : -4.0
power_mode : -1
security : https/2.0
security_version : 3.0
security_capabilities : {
"ver": "1.0",
"aes_ver": "1.0"
}
public_https_version : 1.0
privacy_mode : 0
DeviceName : WiiM Light_7258
GroupName : WiiM Light_7258
FYI The DLNA info is wrong and will be updated.

Nice device been testing mine the last few days. From an audio perspective the sound quality is pretty decent has two speakers and works fine for background music.
Here is my early thoughts/review on it.

As someone that has problems falling asleep, the Wiim Wake-up light caught my eye. Being a device that is supposed to simulate a natural sunset and sunrise using a combination of light and sound to mimic the rising sun and setting sun I hope could help me fall asleep easier.

Unboxing:
Upon unboxing the Wiim wake-up light, you will find the following items included:

1. The wake-up light itself

2. Power adapter for the wake-up light.

3. Instruction manual.

Design and Features:
The Wiim wake-up has a sleek and modern aesthetic, featuring a display panel with buttons for control along the top and back. The light source is adjustable in terms of brightness and color, allowing me to customize my falling-asleep and waking-up experiences. It offers additional features such as nature sounds, wi-fi connectivity, and support for Amazon Alexia, it can also be used for audio streaming. Even has a bright (adjustable) reading light.

Functionality:To set up and use the Wiim wake-up light, follow these steps:
1. Plug in the wake-up light using the included power adapter or cable.

2. Set the time and alarm using the control buttons or the companion mobile app.

3. Customize your wake-up and nighttime preferences, such as light intensity, duration, and sound options.

Review
My hope is this wake-up clock with help me fall asleep easier.
On my first night, I tried a gradual sunset with a natural seashore sound. I was able to fall asleep before the light fully turned off. Woke to the sounds of birds chipping as the lighting slowly increased.

This is my first device that uses Amazon Alexia so I need to spend some time with it before commenting more on all the features. So far I like the ability to ask for things like weather news etc.
The user interface and control buttons are positioned on the top and back of the unit, for easier access I prefer the convenience of using the mobile app for the more advanced settings and control.

It also has 2 built-in speakers that offer better-than-expected sound quality. The audio quality is great for streaming music, and news and well using the other Alexa features.
Overall, my early impressions of the Wiim wake-up light leave me impressed. I can see it will add a more positive and natural falling asleep and waking up process than a normal alarm clock does.

I wish the device would be able to have few basic standalone functions (not connected to wifi/bluetooth).
clock settings / noise machine function / ambientlight. (actually the clock could be automatically set using RF signals but I digress).
Only after having a well established, reliable, fixed feature set I would start getting creative with at least 2 different kind of users in mind.

As it is now he out of the box experience is a bit underwelming if a noise machine a lamp and a clock need wifi/internet connection.
Feel like a step backward from cheaper alternatives.
With a baseline established it's much easier to sell extra features:

The WiiM light is the BEST NOISE MACHINE ON THE MARKET (not really since it doesn't works without internet and is it generated noise/ambient sounds or it is streaming from internet?).
The WiiM Light is the BEST AMBIENT/READER LIGHT (close: the light quality isn't exceptional: it's not going to win an award for the most relaxing light source, reduce eye strain or any other fancy illumination jargon. At least it's possible to cycle using the physical buttons but the display dont show the number ID but only the brightness.
The WiiM Light is the BEST ALARM CLOCK (well the LCD display really is old school and the brightness is uneven; it really cheapen the device and make it feel is my grandad $5 USD alarm clock. Plus being just under a glowin bulb isn't really the easiest on the eye.
Being forced to connect the device just to set the clock feel like a step backward ).

The first welcome setup shouldn't be lazy and just delegate the setup to the "device companion (sigh).
It could be even fun using the LED lights to guide users to which button press to acticvate different features and configuration.
That would definetely set the device apart from anything on the market.

A Simon game could be an fun easter egg to make the device memorable

I have a WiiMLight discord channel if anybody light to chat about anything LinkPlay
(I'm developing a WiiM client for windows and Ill post progress there)

That must be the first forum dedicated to a wake-up light ever.

Back