WiiM Wake-Up Light Beta Test Users

We're getting ready to launch another WiiM product - WiiM Wake-up Light. It's an all-in-one device - an alarm clock, sound machine, sunrise/sunset light, and a smart speaker with streaming content. If that piques your interest, please read on. 😊

We're looking for Beta Test Users located in the US. Please complete the form below if you're interested in beta testing our WiiM Wake-up Light by testing the features and reporting issues/bugs. We will only be selecting 10 users. Once selected, we will email you directly with more info.

Sign-up form

For those selected, we ask you to keep information about the product to yourself as we iron out the bugs and issues.

Regarding the official launch date, we're looking at June on Amazon.com (US) market.

Thanks!
WiiM

Last edited:
Hi Smartplug, Team

It's a streamer with a better ADC and DAC. We've achieved the following audio performance for the line out so you can save the external DAC (hopefully).

The following performance numbers are for the sample rates from 44.1k to 192k:

SNR/DNR: >120dB
THD+N: > 107dB (<0.00045%)
FR curve: <=±0.1dB

Does this product make sense to you? I look forward to hearing your feedback.
Can you tell us what type of connection it has on top on what’s already on pro? USB is among the most requested features along with sub out and room correction. I believe most if not all will connect this new streamer to external dac. It would great if product has a choice between having internal dac vs none for those who has external dac of their choice. Also, can you tell us when will this new product will be release? Thanks!

Hi Smartplug, Team

It's a streamer with a better ADC and DAC. We've achieved the following audio performance for the line out so you can save the external DAC (hopefully).

The following performance numbers are for the sample rates from 44.1k to 192k:

SNR/DNR: >120dB
THD+N: > 107dB (<0.00045%)
FR curve: <=±0.1dB

Does this product make sense to you? I look forward to hearing your feedback.

I think you should really add a sub out with bass management. Or at the very least a configurable high pas filter for main L/R out and a full range pre-out via RCA

that's what it seemed to me too...
but
this is to verify....
q3....July..etc

I think this could be an interesting product.

Can this be controlled via Amazon echo smart routines?

I added some motion sensors to my house and have morning and night time routines eg auto play a talk radio station and temporarily turn on my smart light for 10 minutes if I enter the bedroom after 10pm !!

Would be interesting to see if I it can be integrated similarly

This will be an easy ‘NO’ for me if it doesn’t come with dual selectable alarms. I should be able to select independently for each alarm a 7 day week, or a 5 day week, or a 2 day week

There should be two choice on audiophile product caters for two different users. One with built in dac and without. To me, regardless what improvements on their internal dac I will still use my dac. I just want fully featured connections without dac, digital transport.

It would be a waste of a high end DAC to have one built into this wake up light product - this use-case is for bedrooms and while it good to have a line out option I can't see allot of people doing critical listening (where they might hear the difference between DAC's) in the bedroom. But a better DAC in future Wiim Pro etc would be great - though the one built in is not terrible - e.g. it measures better than the DAC in a Bluesound node.

For this product, I would love to see say an Alexa Skill to control some aspects of the device, e.g. timers

Last edited:
I Need a pure streamer with a good clock section and i2S output, also an USB output and an USB Port for ssd. Metal case and no DAC.

Hi Onlyoneme,

Thanks for your comments. Please be assured that we always remember our roots in audio. We'll have multiple audio products to be released for this year. In addition, we'll keep the App and firmware update pace (i.e., two to three weeks) to keep improving our products.

The wake-up light may not be a good fit for our current community. Sorry for that!
Yes. May be it’s not the right product for this community. I wish you all the best, but a wake up lamp isn’t in my wish list.
What i would is a Super Pro, metal bodied, USB Audio out, and why not a small screen. ;)
I would also suggest the right measures, for me, 11x12x4. In this way a small screen could be easily allocated in the centre.

Last edited:
Yes. May be it’s not the right product for this community. I wish you all the best, but a wake up lamp isn’t in my wish list.
What i would is a Super Pro, metal bodied, USB Audio out, and why not a small screen. ;)
I would also suggest the right measures, for me, 11x12x4. In this way a small screen could be easily allocated in the centre.
No DAC is the Key for High End.

When we are creating a x-mas wishlist here I want to give my wishes too 😉
For me the niche for an ELSWP (Entry Level Streamer With Potential 😝😝) is the low price range. So something like a
WiiM Pro+ would be interesting. Should and could be priced around 250 €.
- No USB-C socket for power, giving the possibility to use serious power supplies. No USB Power because if you want a low noise solution with USB it's expensive.
- USB out for the stream only.
Thats it, I am very modest.

For me the niche for an ELSWP (Entry Level Streamer With Potential 😝😝) is the low price range. So something like a
- No USB-C socket for power, giving the possibility to use serious power supplies. No USB Power because if you want a low noise solution with USB it's expensive.

I agree, but agree also with @GiFi . No DAC, it seems that the majority of us use his own DAC, and it seems also that we have more than one. ;)
USB power? Yes and no. For example I have connected it to an external linear power supply. 😂

Of course no in-built DAC! It would deprive us much fun. I thought it would be clear because of the USB out 😉

And by the way: For me the starting point of every hifi is where? Yes, the wall socket. I become nervous when I see those "constructions" with cheap ! 8 slot multiple power sockets from the hardware store. I told my electrician to setup at least 4 wall sockets in every corner of the rooms. And multiples where used only with high quality 2 or 3 slot multiples. Not so expensive as I thought. And much cheaper than the damage a friend of mine has suffered due to such tohuwabohu. Often strange how high quality and expensive electronics are powered. As my dad always said: "I am to poor to buy cheap."
But that is again another theme. Sorry.

I agree, but agree also with @GiFi . No DAC, it seems that the majority of us use his own DAC, and it seems also that we have more than one. ;)
USB power? Yes and no. For example I have connected it to an external linear power supply. 😂
I agree, the best way for power supply Is an external Linear Power supply with jack.

Back