Beta Test: Room Correction for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus, Amp

For Those who tried it , when you do room correction what is the max gain you saw ? Does it auto correct the volume meaning auto headroom adjustment?

For Those who tried it , when you do room correction what is the max gain you saw ? Does it auto correct the volume meaning auto headroom adjustment?
In the first beta it was capped at 10db and I believe that was reduced to 6db in second beta (can't check that right now, may be 5). Not sure on your second question...afaik it's just a case on +or- up to 6db at 10 points across the spectrum.

In the first beta it was capped at 10db and I believe that was reduced to 6db in second beta (can't check that right now, may be 5). Not sure on your second question...afaik it's just a case on +or- up to 6db at 10 points across the spectrum.

The sum of positive and negative gains after correction is always zero ? Can you adjust the max gain prior to correction?

I remember it was from 10db to 6db on second firmware.

I've just updated to version 5.0.613551, and the annoying speaker popping when switching tracks is gone. Can't wait for the room correction public release!

New beta says 10 band PEQ. still only shows 4. Or at least 4 presets

Attachments

• IMG_0020.png
    IMG_0020.png
    705.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
New beta says 10 band PEQ. still only shows 4. Or at least 4 presets
If you have beta firmware, you will need to download the app from WiiM's servers.

Refer to the URL displayed on this screen.

* After copying the URL, you need to delete the space.

Ah but I’ve submitted my MAC address a few times and no response. So thought I just needed the test flight version.

Just found out chatgpt can cacluare peq values with a measurement graph. Cant wait to have 8 bands! I will just use my newly purchased umki1 and ask chatgpt to do RC!
Wut? Can you provide the prompt you used? :)

How long does it take after I provided my MAC address for them to set me up ?
I signed up long time ago but not even selected :(

Edit: Finally got the beta firmware. Thank you very much!!!!

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm if the RC functionality is restricted to newer versions of iOS (Housecurve for example requires iOS 16.4 or later). I'm also assuming that Android won't be supported?

Wiim’s RC doesn’t use HouseCurve so I don’t necessarily see it following that the Wiim Home app will need a similar level of iOS unless there are specific iOS functions both need as a minimum. Still haven’t heard of any progress on the Android front - last I recall was that WiiM we’re going to investigate the use of the WiiM remote mic to help address that.

However with the advent of a 10 band (and two channel) PEQ in the cards, you will be able to use other tools to measure then input the values into the WiiM app.

Back