Beta Test: TIDAL Hi-Res (i.e. Max)

restored to factory settings and deleted and reinstalled tidal app. Mostly fixed but still there are some stutters now and then

Disconnects started again for tidal both on connect and upnp

Noticed that it happens on max files .

Last edited:
Don't know if it's just a coincidence but all residual Tidal's songs still MQA that I meet, are all transported by files 44,1 16bit, that after first unfold, are 88.2. The others, coming with 48/24, then unfolded to 96Khz, are completely missing.
I can suppose that the first were derived from CD quality files and to preserve the magic numbers on dac display, tidal choose to keep MQA. The others presumably were from real hi-res files and conveniently are now presented in Flac.

Don't know if it's just a coincidence but all residual Tidal's songs still MQA that I meet, are all transported by files 44,1 16bit, that after first unfold, are 88.2. The others, coming with 48/24, then unfolded to 96Khz, are completely missing.
I can suppose that the first were derived from CD quality files and to preserve the magic numbers on dac display, tidal choose to keep MQA. The others presumably were from real hi-res files and conveniently are now presented in Flac.
Yes tidal master are all 16/44 using mqa dac. If turn off mqa setting on app it will 96khz but dac still show 44.

Is there going to be a version of WiiM Home that allows Tidal in the way that the Hires Flac track will be played instead of MQA? or just an option to choose between them?

Is there going to be a version of WiiM Home that allows Tidal in the way that the Hires Flac track will be played instead of MQA? or just an option to choose between them?
If the interface Tidal provides to third parties like WiiM allows that then it may be a possibility. Does the native Tidal app allow that? If so, use Tidal Connect. If it doesn’t then it’s very unlikely the WiiM Home app would.

I think that when there is a song in Max quality which has two tracks in it - the one is MQA and the two is HiRes FLAC,
then the HiRes Flac will play by default instead of MQA in the native interface of Tidal Application.
what I am asking is - can be a possibility to choose that if a track includes also HiRes Flac in it, so the WiiM will choose
the FLAC by default?

I think that when there is a song in Max quality which has two tracks in it - the one is MQA and the two is HiRes FLAC,
then the HiRes Flac will play by default instead of MQA in the native interface of Tidal Application.
what I am asking is - can be a possibility to choose that if a track includes also HiRes Flac in it, so the WiiM will choose
the FLAC by default?
Tidal Connect to the wiim ought to do this now.
Tidal from within the wiim app does not yet, but willl soon, support high sample flac. When it does, I'd expect it to get the flac track in preference to the mqa track. tbh, don't know if it's a choice wiim has, or just that's what it'll be served by Tidal.

Eventually, mini will stop getting feature update as its hardware reach its limit. Pro has long life itself since it has more powerful hardware.

Eventually, mini will stop getting feature update as its hardware reach its limit. Pro has long life itself since it has more powerful hardware.
No way. I am testing the beta. Mini got PEQ and I believe it will receive support for years. It is still part of the product line.

Last edited:
Back