Integrating Music Services (Poll)

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all, We're taking a poll to see what new music services you'd like to see integrated. Please fill out the form below to submit.

I think the choice Jazzgrove should read Jazz Groove. I believe the official title is The Jazz Groove.

Apple Music is in the selection. I would pick that.
It's a strange addition given it and YouTube have been previously excluded which I'd guess was on the basis of a lack of an approved third party API. Unless, as WiiM say, they just want to gauge the potential use - they might find that useful given the market visibility WiiM now have to take that to Apple and Google as evidence of the larger audience they could have by giving WiiM access to their streaming services.

It's a strange addition given it and YouTube have been previously excluded which I'd guess was on the basis of a lack of an approved third party API. Unless, as WiiM say, they just want to gauge the potential use - they might find that useful given the market visibility WiiM now have to take that to Apple and Google as evidence of the larger audience they could have by giving WiiM access to their streaming services.
I was shocked seeing both Apple and YouTube which I was aware not possible. I guess you already know which one I picked and submitted. You know what the old saying if you want to get things done just show them the money.

Thanks for everyone's input. Here's what the poll currently looks like. Apple Music is the top requested music service, followed by Radio Paradise, YouTube Music & SiriusXM. We'll continue to find a way to get Apple Music integration and the other music services integrated!

Count of Music Service Choice #1.png

Thanks for everyone's input. Here's what the poll currently looks like. Apple Music is the top requested music service, followed by Radio Paradise, YouTube Music & SiriusXM. We'll continue to find a way to get Apple Music integration and the other music services integrated!

View attachment 5343
That's a very interesting statistic.

It may be difficult for WiiM to achieve high-resolution playback of Apple music.
If WiiM can support Airplay 1, lossless playback will be possible, which will be a compromise for many Apple music users.

Thank you, Good luck.😄

As already stated Airplay 1 to support Apple Music lossless please

Airplay 1 only support 44/16 and they offer music services that are high resolution loseless. What we need is Apple app inside wiim app. It’s like playing Blu-ray on tube tv.

Airplay 1 only support 44/16 and they offer music services that are high resolution loseless. What we need is Apple app inside wiim app. It’s like playing Blu-ray on tube tv.
I'd say we would be very unlikely to get that as the only third party support of Apple Music I'm aware of (apart from modified Android based solutions like Eversolo which use the Apple Music app itself) like Sonos or Tesla still only deliver AAC. I wouldn't hold my breath tbh and would switch to a less restrictive service like Qobuz.

View attachment 5343
Plex was also in joint third place with YT Music and SiriusXM (with 7 votes?) - now that I've voted, possibly in third place on its own!

Back