Integrating Music Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, we'd like to see what music services you want integrated into our WiiM Home app.

Please note, we hear you on Apple Music and YouTube Music as those are two we would love to integrate, but aside from these two, please post which ones you'd like to see and please vote up the ones you want. We are curious about what our community wants, and we'll see what we can do!

--
2/13/24 - We closed this thread and want to move the conversation to this thread where there is a poll. https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/integrating-music-services-poll.2816/

Thanks!
WiiM Team

Last edited:
WiiM devices have had support for Amazon Music Unlimited for almost two years - that includes support for what they they call HD (16 bit) and UHD (24 bit) tracks, all the way up to 24/192. There’s not actually a service called Amazon Music HD Ultra, just Unlimited (leaving aside their Prime and free offerings).
I went to the Windows WiiM Home app. I guess I'm missing something, I was only able to play music from the PC or a server. I was able to use the preset buttons but I couldn't find a way to search and play Amazon HD directly. This thread is about the Home app isn't it?

I went to the Windows WiiM Home app. I guess I'm missing something, I was only able to play music from the PC or a server. I was able to use the preset buttons but I couldn't find a way to search and play Amazon HD directly. This thread is about the Home app isn't it?
Ok, the windows app is sort of a beta version.
Do you have ios or android?

Ok, the windows app is sort of a beta version.
Do you have ios or android?
I have Android. My Pro works fine with android. I was under the impression that this thread is about a Home app for the PC.

I have Android. My Pro works fine with android. I was under the impression that this thread is about a Home app for the PC.
Nope. WiiM Home App (or simply WHA) is the general name of the app to control WiiM products. Usually from iOS, Android or iPadOS devices.

The Windows version is aiming at the same task, of course, but it's a (slowly advancing) beta version. Focus is clearly on mobile platforms.

No, the thread title is about integrating new music services into the wiim home app in general. There’s not really a subforum as such for the Windows beta PC app but there have been separate threads on it.

I have seen comment that it won’t work though openwrt routers. I’m sure you are right that it must relay. I’ll have to make my password more complex - no 2FA that I’ve seen.
It is the only CarPlay client that gives me access to my library :(
Plex has 2fa you have to enable it on the account. It also has only allow secure connections which should be on. I believe it still needs the port forwarded for the server in the router. It’s never connected to mine when that’s not active. Do you have UPnP on your router

No, the thread title is about integrating new music services into the wiim home app in general. There’s not really a subforum as such for the Windows beta PC app but there have been separate threads on it.
OK, thanks, my bad. I mistakenly thought that the WiiM Home app was the PC version.

OK, thanks, my bad. I mistakenly thought that the WiiM Home app was the PC version.
I have some older Android phones that I setup as WiiM controllers around the house. My current phone uses the "WiiM Home App", but when I installed WiiM on some older phones, the Play Store installed "WiiM Pod". I guess that was an older version of the app? It does get confusing!

I have some older Android phones that I setup as WiiM controllers around the house. My current phone uses the "WiiM Home App", but when I installed WiiM on some older phones, the Play Store installed "WiiM Pod". I guess that was an older version of the app? It does get confusing!
Yea, as described, WiiM Pod is an older version (not updated for a while) that you often see for Linkplay third party devices and testing - the newer WiiM Home app probably have a minimum Android version later than that needed for the WiiM Pod app. I therefore wouldn't expect the WiiM Pod app to support all the features your WiiM devices can.

therefore wouldn't expect the WiiM Pod app to support all the features your WiiM devices can.
right, I think you need the current app to access all of the WiiM features, but those old phones on the old app make nice extra controllers to select and start music without needing to bring your main phone while it is charging or in a room you relax in where you don't want a phone.

It's interesting that Plex is a choice. I thought that was in the works?

Hi all, We're taking a poll to see what new music services you'd like to see integrated. Please fill out the form below to submit.

Should we move this to a thread of its own “Integrating Music Services Poll” to increase its visibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back