WiiM Amp Color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

We're currently in the development phase of the WiiM Amp and we wanted to ask our WiiM community to join us in the creative decision-making process about the possible color exterior/chassis of the WiiM Amp. Your input is invaluable to us, and we're thrilled to invite you to share your preferences regarding the exterior/case color. The material will be aluminum. Below are the options we're currently considering, and we would love to hear your thoughts.

If you were to own a WiiM Amp, what color would you select? Please vote in the poll above. (Note: Poll result will only display after you vote)

View attachment 2308
Here's a rendering of the WiiM Amp:

View attachment 2310

Depending on the results, we may go with the popular vote. Thanks for everyone's participation!

WiiM Team
Midnight Blue. I'm so tired of silver and gray so bring on some color. :)

PSA: The vast majority of users me-thinks will have their WiiM device in a home theater setup (guessing ~90%), which makes a blackish/matte finish a winner to blend in nicely with other components. I personally find it very distracting watching TV in a dark room with TV light shining on a glossy component, or light coming in from the windows shining on it. It certainly has an impact on my buying decisions.

Having said this, I can certainly appreciate why some folks would like a cool-lookin‘ colorized glossy component if one has a dedicated listening room or some other cool space. Therefore, I call on WiiM to create a subsidiary called ‘WiiM Paint’ to provide users an upgrade option to colorize their WiiM component when ordering. Below is a sample marketing and pricing strategy: ;)

RETAIL
WiiMazing Pricing
WiiMazing Savings!
Color My WiiM please​
$39.99​
$14.99 (!)​
$25
”extra glossy” please​
$10
$1 (!)
$9
TOTAL
$49.99
$15.99 (!)
$34 💪

Hmmm … perhaps I should have received a degree in marketing instead of accountancy 🤔

PSA: The vast majority of users me-thinks will have their WiiM device in a home theater setup (guessing ~90%), which makes a blackish/matte finish a winner to blend in nicely with other components. I personally find it very distracting watching TV in a dark room with TV light shining on a glossy component, or light coming in from the windows shining on it. It certainly has an impact on my buying decisions.

Having said this, I can certainly appreciate why some folks would like a cool-lookin‘ colorized glossy component if one has a dedicated listening room or some other cool space. Therefore, I call on WiiM to create a subsidiary called ‘WiiM Paint’ to provide users an upgrade option to colorize their WiiM component when ordering. Below is a sample marketing and pricing strategy: ;)

RETAIL
WiiMazing Pricing
WiiMazing Savings!
Color My WiiM please​
$39.99​
$14.99 (!)​
$25
”extra glossy” please​
$10
$1 (!)
$9
TOTAL
$49.99
$15.99 (!)
$34 💪

Hmmm … perhaps I should have received a degree in marketing instead of accountancy 🤔

Or fantasy fiction? 😜😂

You are seriously missing a trick not including a headphone port, to have to use another amp to use headphones is a bad idea

If I were making an amplifier to go with the excellent Wiim Pro+ I would try to make it the same size and color. So... satin black with a slight texture.

Edit: I have been informed it is a streamer too, so never mind about matching it to the Pro Plus. I still like satin black tho...

Last edited:
If I were making an amplifier to go with the excellent Wiim Pro+ I would try to make it the same size and color. So... satin black with a slight texture..
It doesn’t need to “go with“ the Pro Plus and it’s in essence a Pro Plus with an amplifier section, so exists on its own.

I was thinking the same thing. I appreciate the outstanding value of the Pro Plus as is, but frankly the overall performance warrants an aluminum case.
I completely agree about the case: plastic is insulating, while metal disperses heat much better. Harman Kardon Citation Amp is an example of a compact and powerful Class D amplifier with a plastic case and overheating problems.

I completely agree about the case: plastic is insulating, while metal disperses heat much better. Harman Kardon Citation Amp is an example of a compact and powerful Class D amplifier with a plastic case and overheating problems.
One thing we have to keep in mind is that a metal case blocks wifi, etc. So a Pro Plus with would need an external antenna with an all-aluminum enclosure. You see little antennae in the back on many DACs in aluminum cases. The upcoming Wiim Amp gets around this by having a plastic bottom, if I understand correctly.

Last edited:
Aren’t the Pro Plus and WiiM Amp being mixed up here? The Pro Plus doesn’t have an amp, and the WiiM Amp will have a metal case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back