WiiM Amp

FYI, I finally got a replacement unit from french retailer sonvideo/easylounge, one month after returning my humming v4:
- it's PCB_version 5 :)
- and the markings on the bottom confirm it's a version 5 (it has the class 2 logo) :)
- but the box is an older one (it has color service logos) 🤨
- and the production date is beginning of January (SN: P1TF240200###) 🤨
- and the uboot_verinfo is 231222.180423 (Erin's is from 2024) 🤨
- but most importantly, there is absolutely no coil whine at all :D

So, it seems it might not be the most recent unit, I don't know why I had to wait so long to get it, but at least it fixes the issue (y)

FYI, I finally got a replacement unit from french retailer sonvideo/easylounge, one month after returning my humming v4:
- and the markings on the bottom confirm it's a version 5 (it has the class 2 logo) :)

So, it seems it might not be the most recent unit, I don't know why I had to wait so long to get it, but at least it fixes the issue (y)

Maybe they’ve got a whole load of version 4s which they don’t want to sell. So they’re just changing the PCB in them all.

Did you receive the most recent firmware, yet? As of now, this is 5.0.609560.

Yes, I'm running it. But I don't think I've ever seen a Wiim Amp firmware upgrade that also upgrades u-boot

Yes, I'm running it. But I don't think I've ever seen a Wiim Amp firmware upgrade that also upgrades u-boot
I don't know, didn't pay much attention in the past.

But I can confirm that uboot_verinfo (240104.162025) did not change for me between firmware 5.0.606744 and 5.0.609560, indeed.

I assume this refers to the boot loader version, so in theory it should be able update it, if necessary? I don't have a clue about embedded systems ...

Yes, it's working the way it's supposed too I believe, just the line level out from the tv seems to be low so the amp has to be cranked up higher than I think it should be.
I see the WiiM Amp setting of per source volume control, but I can't tell that it's implemented, plus not sure if that's an input control or likely output to speaker control.

Optical from TV to Amp is low as well for what that's worth.

Seems like it's the TV line level that's low compared to streaming audio on the amp.
I have noted the exact same thing. My previous setup had more similar volumes. So I think the sensitivity for HDMI is just too low. The amp would never get close to full power as it is currently setup.

@WiiM Support
Hey, I've sent you multiple emails regarding the issue I'm having with the Wiim amp replacement, but still haven't received any replies. The seller (Audio Trade Germany) is not responding to my emails as well. It's now been almost two months since I sent back my device for a replacement!

@WiiM Support
Hey, I've sent you multiple emails regarding the issue I'm having with the Wiim amp replacement, but still haven't received any replies. The seller (Audio Trade Germany) is not responding to my emails as well. It's now been almost two months since I sent back my device for a replacement!
If you have returned the Amp to Audio Trade then while WiiM may be able to contact the distributor, your issue is ultimately with the seller. If they are not responding, I’d contact whichever consumer advice agency you have in your region to push them to respond.

If you have returned the Amp to Audio Trade then while WiiM may be able to contact the distributor, your issue is ultimately with the seller. If they are not responding, I’d contact whichever consumer advice agency you have in your region to push them to respond.
Thank you for replying.
It’s interesting that their website is called https://wiim-audio.de, so one would think that they and Wiim are somehow connected since they sell all their products. To my eyes, it looks like they are the official distributors. All I want to know is when my amp is going to be delivered.
Amazon in Germany has had both colors in stock for a while, yet a vendor that looks like the official Wiim store doesn’t have any products and doesn’t reply to messages.
I don’t really know who I’m speaking with here, but I’m sure you or @WiiM Support could forward my request to the designated people to speed up my process.
As I mentioned earlier, I simply want to receive my device since I really liked it, but the prolonged wait without any updates is becoming increasingly frustrating.

Thank you for replying.
It’s interesting that their website is called https://wiim-audio.de, so one would think that they and Wiim are somehow connected since they sell all their products. To my eyes, it looks like they are the official distributors. All I want to know is when my amp is going to be delivered.
Amazon in Germany has had both colors in stock for a while, yet a vendor that looks like the official Wiim store doesn’t have any products and doesn’t reply to messages.
I don’t really know who I’m speaking with here, but I’m sure you or @WiiM Support could forward my request to the designated people to speed up my process.
As I mentioned earlier, I simply want to receive my device since I really liked it, but the prolonged wait without any updates is becoming increasingly frustrating.
Cant you call them? I assume they have a telephone number?
Don,t they have Facebook or Instagram? There most be some way to contact them..
I mean if a customer would have a question about a product_ before buying_ they would react wont they..?
If it takes longer then they can tell you this ..try to call them.

Last edited:
Thank you for replying.
I'm just the forum moderator, I don't have any connection to WiiM as a company. I think I've already escalated your query to WiiM but happy to do that again

As a costumer i think you have rights too. They have to respond.
You will have to give a company a reasonable amount of time to solve the problem.
But if you,re waiting for 2 month i ask myself if that is still reasonable..that being said its reasonable to inform a costumer why its taking longer.
Could be something happened..but informing you,re costumer that,s important i think.

Just checked. They answers the phone call. So a call could be a good idea.
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I don't speak German without a translator, and I suppose they mostly don't speak English. That's why I chose written communication. Also, in case of anything, I would have copies of conversations. I think I'll wait and see if I get a reply from Wiim here. Otherwise, I'll try contacting them via Facebook.

Back