WiiM Ultra

Updated on 4/19/2024

Hi Team,

We're excited to give you a sneak peek at the WiiM Ultra, your future go-to digital hub for all things music! We're putting the final touches on this innovative product and are on track for a Q2 release. Stay tuned for more updates as we gear up for launch!

1713556429155.png
1713556558651.png

Original message by Brantome:
As mentioned in a user reply from the WiiM/Linkplay CEO on the WiiM Fan Page on Facebook, WiiM are developing a new device called the WiiM Ultra which will have a screen, aluminium case and USB audio output. It should be available Q2 2024, so a good five to six months away.

Guess @Smartplug is due a prize (e.g. I'll lay off gently ribbing them about their constant 'when' questions) as I think they first suggested that name a while ago ;):ROFLMAO:

That's the entirety of the information I have, but WiiM do say they'll release more details in due course.

Last edited:
As mentioned in a user reply from the WiiM/Linkplay CEO on the WiiM Fan Page on Facebook, WiiM are developing a new device called the WiiM Ultra which will have a screen, aluminium case and USB audio output. It should be available Q2 2024, so a good five to six months away.

Guess @Smartplug is due a prize (e.g. I'll lay off gently ribbing them about their constant 'when' questions) as I think they first suggested that name a while ago ;):ROFLMAO:

That's the entirety of the information I have found, but WiiM do say they'll release more details and images in due course.
You surely remember picking on me as your day won’t be complete. I guess I’m going to wait and see the full spec my money is ready to buy this if meets my requirements. I have auditioned speakers and amps costing as much as house but wast blown away with sound quality. There’s a law of diminishing return basically you pay exotic price just to get the 10 percent or less.

That's the entirety of the information I have, but WiiM do say they'll release more details and images in due course.
Please add AES digital and fully balanced analog outs to the Wiim Ultra!

I have been incredibly impressed with the Pro Plus, I would be even more in awe if the ‘Ultra’ could incorporate AES on XLR ‘outs’ attenuating a digital output is quite rare, RME ADI ‘pro’ for one this feature is extremely useful with contemporary active loudspeakers.
Keith

Instead of or apart from a screen a hdmi video output to a tv would be nice or a casting solution. So you can show album art and stuff on a big screen. AES and XLR is a step too far I think. Too audiophile to appeal to the general public. It will drive up the cost or be poorly implement and then it would be of use to no one.

Thinking on my expectations... Probably balanced design with proper balanced outputs, a presence of the usb audio and an integrated PSU would be enough.

I guess this ultra will have the connection most users requested so it’s basically pro plus with more connections.

there is a slightly anachronistic aspect of both putting forward USB for months...and at the same time AES (which is only a symmetrical spdif that used to be very useful for professionals over significant lengths)... ;- )))

but if the Akm evb card provides for it, the balanced analog outputs are perhaps not complicated to integrate...

I will be especially curious to see if at the cost of an engineering effort it is possible to take care of the current audio:
the internal clocks hdg...
the better buffering of the digital outputs...
a dedicated and careful power supply for the analog card and a good overall internal power supply.....
"the great audiophile classics"...
;-)
ambitious isn't just sticking many ouputs,an aluminum box and a screen...
;-)

Last edited:
I think this is a great move for WiiM - adding a screen possible means album art and if it has a touch screen, it might start to move the Wiim platform into the high end "steaming" market competing with Hifi Rose and the Eversole DMP-A6.

I would not call the Ultra though, as I can imagine 5-6 strategic features to add to the platform before calling anything the 'Ultra' unless we then get a 'Ultra Pro' and then an 'Ultra Pro Plus' :D

It’s loaded with connection but not affordable. If wiim come out similar to that for third of the cost im sure it will sells a lot.
jocke?
;-)
(860 euro dmp/3.. +-290 euro.." plus" 249...)
if already take care of the internal electronics a plus, the usb being demanded, maybe sym outputs in trs for a third of the price of the dmp?...
(ps
the dmp, have talked a lot about it because precisely produced chinoix very complete..for a affordable price for this product range...so obviously...your words is funny ;-))
)

Last edited:
Back