WiiM Amp

Hi Smartplug, Team

We're excited to announce our upcoming product, the WiiM AMP! Scheduled for public release in Q4 this year, it's sure to impress. Here are some sneak-peek pictures to whet your appetite. Cheers!

View attachment 1930
View attachment 1931
Curious about the HDMI and USB ports. Assuming HDMI is for input like from a TV (eARC) or blu-ray player? Is the USB port for output to a DAC? Thanks for the heads up!

This year wiim has 3 new products, wiim light, wiim pro plus and wiim amp. It look like blusound power node. Is that a usb out?

Hi Smartplug, Team

We're excited to announce our upcoming product, the WiiM AMP! Scheduled for public release in Q4 this year, it's sure to impress. Here are some sneak-peek pictures to whet your appetite. Cheers!

View attachment 1930
View attachment 1931

This is the device I expected to come next and also what I was asking for. This is going to be my third system.

@timmo
Perhaps HDMI is ARC and USB is for input.

PS.
I didn't expect the Wiim device to have a volume knob.

Last edited:
@timmo
With what @Smartplug mentioned above (looking like a Bluesound PowerNode), then it looks like it would indeed be HDMI input and USB input (just looked at specs of the Node to better understand). USB input makes sense for a harddrive of music.

WiiM Team - I have to ask 😇 : Bluetooth capabilities? aptX HD?😁

With what @Smartplug mentioned above (looking like a Bluesound PowerNode), then it looks like it would indeed be HDMI input and USB input (just looked at specs of the Node to better understand). USB input makes sense for a harddrive of music.

WiiM Team - I have to ask 😇 : Bluetooth capabilities? aptX HD?😁

I think the USB output will appear on another WiiM.

I think there will be Bluetooth as before, it would be nice to have aptx HD like Node. 😁

Curious about the HDMI and USB ports. Assuming HDMI is for input like from a TV (eARC) or blu-ray player? Is the USB port for output to a DAC? Thanks for the heads up!
Hi Timmo,

You are correct. The HDMI ARC is designed for input from devices like a TV or Blu-ray player, while the USB now functions as a host for connecting disk storage, rather than for a USB DAC. Thank you!

I think the USB output will appear on another WiiM.

I think there will be Bluetooth as before, it would be nice to have aptx HD like Node. 😁
The ‘WiiM Pro Ultimate’ :cool: should have both USB (for those DAC lovers out there) and HDMI (for multichannel audio enthusiasts) outputs AND Bluetooth aptX HD and the world shall be a better place ☮️

The ‘WiiM Pro Ultimate’ :cool: should have both USB (for those DAC lovers out there) and HDMI (for multichannel audio enthusiasts) outputs AND Bluetooth aptX HD and the world shall be a better place ☮️
We don't know yet what the specifications will be, but it is possible that the device will be named "WiiM Ultra". 😉

This is the device I expected to come next and also what I was asking for. This is going to be my third system.

@timmo

PS.
I didn't expect the Wiim device to have a volume knob.
Hi Wiimer,

Thanks for your feedback.

Regarding your comments about 'volume knob', we can't use the touch buttons like we do with our other devices because the device case is aluminum. The volume knob serves a dual purpose, allowing you to control the volume by turning it and to play or pause by tapping it.

Hi Wiimer,

Regarding your comments about 'volume knob', we can't use the touch buttons like we do with our other devices because the device case is aluminum. The volume knob serves a dual purpose, allowing you to control the volume by turning it and to play or pause by tapping it.
Thanks.
I don't think the volume knob is negative. The aluminum body is also attractive.😉

Is there any information about amplifier chips that can be made public?

Maybe Axign?

Hi Timmo,

You are correct. The HDMI ARC is designed for input from devices like a TV or Blu-ray player, while the USB now functions as a host for connecting disk storage, rather than for a USB DAC. Thank you!
Can a firmware update to allow usb to be an output like the one bluesound?

Last edited:
Hi Wiimer,

surprising that your engineers did not take the opportunity to place a headphone output on the front...

At least the speaker terminals are the correct way around, and have positve above negative, following (what seems to me to be) the general convention.
I'm assuming the only way to change inputs would be via automatic sensing or an app.
Looks quite neat; interested to hear more about the specs later.

Hi Smartplug, Team

View attachment 1930
View attachment 1931

Could be better to have separate thread to follow and discuss further on this.

Hope this to be Class D and based on my priority, listed the modules to be seen in it.

1. Hypex NCore
2. Purifii
3. TI TPA 3XXX

Eager to see this in the market soon and more importantly to perform well, to add to my Wiim PRO

Back