WiiM Pro Plus

(with my Roon hat on) Any chance WiiM will add HDMI out to a WiiM Pro-type unit to support multichannel audio (e.g. blu-ray audio)? I believe this is the only way to support it in Roon (via HDMI out to an AVR based on what I’m learning as optical out isn’t supported). Looks like the Node doesn’t support this either, but would be a killer feature in a WiiM unit.
Hi Timmo,

Thank you for your excellent suggestion. Multichannel audio is indeed one of the key features we are planning for our future devices. I'll present the idea of incorporating an HDMI out interface to our product team for consideration. Your insights are valuable to us.

Hi Timmo,

Thank you for your excellent suggestion. Multichannel audio is indeed one of the key features we are planning for our future devices. I'll present the idea of incorporating an HDMI out interface to our product team for consideration. Your insights are valuable to us.
Can you give us timeline when can we expect the next generation wiim after pro plus? Thanks!

Any date for Pro Plus release in Canada? Was about to buy a Pro but reconsidering now that I've heard of the Plus. Decision will be based on how long I have to wait... :p

Any date for Pro Plus release in Canada? Was about to buy a Pro but reconsidering now that I've heard of the Plus. Decision will be based on how long I have to wait... :p
When I looked at the US Amazon link, it says it would be ready to ship August 25th
That's not an answer, but it's something I seen as a ca user...

I will upgrade on the next product after pro+ since usb is my preferred connection as modern dac has usb. That will be long way to go for all of us wanting usb.
I have 2 Pro’s, 1 coax out to SCHITT dac, rca’s out to amp for outdoor speakers (dac used). 2nd Pro same coax out to SCHITT DAC. Would really like a USB output, use only as streamer.

Reactions: MBP
r
I will upgrade on the next product after pro+ since usb is my preferred connection as modern dac has usb. That will be long way to go for all of us wanting usb.
what does it change for you the use of usb compared to toslink or coaxial.. factually, in your hifi system?

r

what does it change for you the use of usb compared to toslink or coaxial.. factually, in your hifi system?
I’m not big fan of legacy connection and usb has lots of potential that support 768khz even I can’t hear that high I feel better knowing it’s there. That’s just me everyone is different.

You see, I'd rather have a USB input so I can connect my external HDD on which I have tons of Hi-Res music from FLAC 44.1/16 to WAV 192/24 to DSD256. Simply connect, play in Bit-perfect mode with smartphone control and send the line output to an amplifier, or in my case to active studio monitors...

I’m not big fan of legacy connection and usb has lots of potential that support 768khz even I can’t hear that high I feel better knowing it’s there. That’s just me everyone is different.
recognize that it's not really an answer...
and the story of resolution a big big joke...*
;-)))
(see a " very bad joke" with negative consequences...ecologically)

Last edited:
You see, I'd rather have a USB input so I can connect my external HDD on which I have tons of Hi-Res music from FLAC 44.1/16 to WAV 192/24 to DSD256. Simply connect, play in Bit-perfect mode with smartphone control and send the line output to an amplifier, or in my case to active studio monitors...
There you go, when this product get release placed an order so you can enjoy your external hard drive music collection. Happy listening!

But I didn't mean the USB output to another DAC, but the USB input for connecting an external HDD...! That way I wouldn't need to turn on the PC with the Audirvana player...! ;-)

On the Bluesound Node (N130/X) there is one USB port. You can choose if it is to be used as input (connect hard drive) or output (output to DAC).

On the Bluesound Node (N130/X) there is one USB port. You can choose if it is to be used as input (connect hard drive) or output (output to DAC).
That’s what I like to see on wiim amp a choice on how you would like to use usb like node. If they can implement that I’m buying it.

WiiM have just posted on their FB fan page that stock isn’t expected in Canada till the end of October and suggest you order from the USA if you want it sooner…

WiiM have just posted on their FB fan page that stock isn’t expected in Canada till the end of October and suggest you order from the USA if you want it sooner…
oh darn, waiting all the way til the end of October? wow... why this delay?

But then maybe we'll be getting the "revised" batch by then so I will try to wait.

I have just received from the U.S. Amazon. However I just found out it won't be ROON ready until maybe end of the year. I returned my Pro and DAC for this new model as I like that DAC chip. But now I have to revert back to my laptop for roon.
I'm pretty new to streaming and not sure how to use it until this becomes certified? I did not know it would take that long and wonder why this was sent out to the public without ?
Amazon Canada will only receive new Pro Plus end of the year. A little frustrating

Back