WiiM Pro Plus firmware to version 4.8.537051

Hi;
my WiiM Pro Plus updated firmware to version 4.8.537051 (20231129).
This firmware version is not described on the "WiiM Pro Release Notes" page: (https://faq.wiimhome.com/support/solutions/articles/72000587188).
Is this a Beta version then?

Regards;
Pytaniedodcf
Not a beta, you’d need to have explicitly asked for that.

It’s just that the release notes aren’t always updated as soon as a new version appears. Sometimes you’ll get a “rocket” popup display detailing what the release does, sometimes you don’t.

Details will emerge soon I’m sure

“rocket” popup display detailing what the release does
Thank you for your response.
By the way - in the update popup window on my tablet it seemed to be written that this firmware version would allow playing TIDAL FLAC 24/192 files in full resolution in the WiiM Home application. Meanwhile, they are still seen as MQA, so they are played at 24/96 resolution.
What do you think about it?

By the way - in the update popup window on my tablet it seemed to be written that this firmware version would allow playing TIDAL FLAC 24/192 files in full resolution in the WiiM Home application. Meanwhile, they are still seen as MQA, so they are played at 24/96 resolution.
Do you have a screenshot? I didn’t get the rocket pop up when my Pro Plus updated yesterday

I have it too and also had tidal flac hires mentioned on pop up screen.

I wrote to WiiM support and the matter was clarified - TIDAL Team have to enable the TIDAL H-Res Flac on WiiM official client ID, and this will take about 1-2 days.
Does this mean then that after Tidal do this, every album will be available in FLAC? Or are they still changing their library over from MQA? Thanks

It also arrived at my WiiM. Recently, I feel that there is less of a regional time difference in the timing of updates. Is the WiiM using any new magic? 🤔

I am playing Tidal through WiiM Home app and still limited to 16/44 on albums I know there are 24/192 and even 24/44 versions... :confused:

Tidal app Connecting to WiiM plays these albums hi-res normally. So the update is not working yet.

Do I need to turn mqa off to see flac albums?
I wouldn't have thought you'd need to - according to this article, Tidal decides viz. "The playback hierarchy through these supported applications is as follows: HiRes FLAC > MQA > standard FLAC > ACC." I suspect events have overtaken that article and that it now applies across the board as support on third party devices like WiiM has now arrived .

Just for curiosity I used my son's HiFi Plus account (sometimes I do not understand him 😉) to check FW 4.8.537050 with Tidal in the WiiM app, no connect. All I can see is still the Master/MQA bs, no trace of FLAC. Did I understood point 1 wrong? I checked with my DAC and all I got was 44,1?

IMG_2117.jpeg

Back