Firmware Updates

Maurizio

Major Contributor
Hito all included @WiiM Support
I have both WiiM Mini & Pro. Looking in WHA at Device>Gear Icon> Speaker info for the Mini i see that i have received a firmware update 4.6.507561 on 13/02

Looking in WHA at Device>Gear Icon> Speaker info for the Pro i see that i have received a firmware update 4.8.507636 on 14/02
This time, when I opened the WiiM Home App, I didn't get the usual pop-up with info on what's new in the update.
There is no news even on the Web
Mini :
Specs - WiiM Mini - WiiM (wiimhome.com)
Pro :

WiiM Pro Release Notes : Help Center (wiimhome.com)
Can anyone, please, tell me what's new in the 2 latest firmware versions?
For example I have seen that since yesterday the Status Light of the Pro now works becoming Dimmed when not in use. Before, it was always bright.
What else is new?
Thx for any help

Just now in https://faq-mini.wiimhome.com/support/solutions/articles/72000587188-wiim-pro-release-notes
the release note for the Pro appeared. Nothing for the Mini.
Still unsolved on both (Mini & Pro) idle time set not working. My setup is 1 min and the two WiiMs go idle after 20 minutes
Very annoying because i have no more my external DAC auto shut off after 1 minute. I have to wait 20 minutes, foolish, or shut it off manually.
What do you mean by going idle exactly? What do you expect?
Standby mode or idle state can have different meanings, it depends on the context.

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the Standby mode set, which I set to 1 minute.
Before my external DAC shut down after 1 min.
Now after 20 minutes, regardless of my setting

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the Standby mode set, which I set to 1 minute.
Before my external DAC shut down after 1 min.
Now after 20 minutes, regardless of my setting
Both my WiiMs, Mini and Pro, have standby timeout set to 30 s. When I pause the playback both are shutting down toslink output exactly 30 s later.
Is your DAC configured to shut down when its optical input shuts down?

Very strange. Now i will try with a 30 s standby set and, of course, my Topping D50s has Auto Shut Off On.
It always worked ok with 1 min set
Ceased to work after the update

or

Firmware numbers for Mini

I do not remember well. At the time i only had the Mini. Now i have both and both ignore my standby set of 1 min

Hito all included @WiiM Support
I have both WiiM Mini & Pro. Looking in WHA at Device>Gear Icon> Speaker info for the Mini i see that i have received a firmware update 4.6.507561 on 13/02

How long does it typically take for a new firmware update to fully roll out? My Mini still has version 4.6.507403 dated February 8. I'm writing this on February 17.

No, I'm not getting confused. That's the firmware I found on the Mini. I wrote to support and they said the latest version of the mini is 4.6.507043.
I found the one mentioned. Yes, it could be a beta, but I didn't ask for it and I can't figure out what it does

Back