New Install Firmware dialogue

effortless

iOS WiiM Home App 2.4.7
WiiM Pro 4.8.517862

In Device info, today I noticed a red button labeled „New“ next to the firmware version. It offered to proceed with a new download firmware dialogue.
Took some minutes and installed WiiM Pro 4.8.518747, and finally a rocket popup with release notes was shown.

This update on demand was a nice experience, worked really well. Don’t know if it is available for all or only for beta.

IMG_5172.jpeg
IMG_5174.jpeg

Last edited:
Had this a few days before. Did it and everything is fine. But the rocket appeared with a little delay this morning. I remember having a hint in settings menu near "loudspeaker info".
Is it possible WiiM changed the update procedure and leave the decision to update to us users?

iOS WiiM Home App 2.4.7
WiiM Pro 4.8.517862

In Device info, today I noticed a red button labeled „New“ next to the firmware version. It offered to proceed with a new download firmware dialogue.
Took some minutes and installed WiiM Pro 4.8.518747, and finally a rocket popup with release notes was shown.

This update on demand was a nice experience, worked really well. Don’t know if it is available for all or only for beta.

View attachment 954
View attachment 955
It's the way to inform that a new FW is available but no auto-update was done. It is not new.

So, if one ignores it they will update without further question? It offers only a somewhat faster way?

Oh, sorry. Was new to me at least as my device was auto-updated every time before , iirc.
It happens to me sometimes to see such update mark because I get notified about a new FW another way and I can react, but most of the time I have an auto-update just like you have.

It happens to me sometimes to see such update mark because I get notified about a new FW another way and I can react, but most of the time I have an auto-update just like you have.
Same for me. Sometimes I have that choice, sometimes not. I agree with @onlyoneme

Is it possible WiiM changed the update procedure and leave the decision to update to us users?
Would be nice…but mine auto-updated as usual. I keep hoping for user-controllable firmware updates with each app update, but they never come.

An Opt-In policy is welcome. I like to see the New button - accept or do nothing. Way to go!

Back