New firmware 5.0.612034

harkpabst

Major Contributor
A new firmware for the WiiM Amp is being rolled out.

Version: 5.0.612034

WiiM Amp Firmware 5.0.612034.jpg

Build Date: 20240327

WiiM Amp Build Date 20240327.jpg

Nothing new with regards to fixed bugs, no new features mentioned.
Installed flawlessly on my amp.

I just did the update but now when I try to search anything, the app minimizes and won’t perform the search. Anyone else seeing this?

I just did the update but now when I try to search anything, the app minimizes and won’t perform the search. Anyone else seeing this?
Working normally on mine - search returns results from Tune In Radio and my NAS via DLNA

Ya know, I have always used the “magnifying glass” at the bottom of the screen to search. But I just noticed there is another one at the top of the screen (next to the search field when using Qobuz within the Wiim app.) When I use this one, it works fine. Though all my old “recent searches” are gone.

Thanks. I messaged a mod.
If you have an issue and want to bring it to WiiM’s attention, the best way to do do is by raising a ticket thru the settings/feedback section of the WiiM Home app so they can inspect your device logs. Also re “messaging a mod”, I’m not aware of another moderator other than myself - the WiiM team are admins ;)

@spinnrade - I take it back...I'm now seeing the same issue:

Search icon > type in the upper search bar > Go = app crash.

I have two Wiim Amps. If I select the one connected by Ethernet cable, the search works as normal but if I select the one on WiFi a search crashes the app (iOS). Perhaps someone who has a device on WiFi can confirm the same?

Working both on my ipad and android. Have you tried deleting an re-installing the app?
I just edited my post. It seems to only affect the WiFi connected amp not the cabled one. Both Amps are on the same firmware.

I just edited my post. It seems to only affect the WiFi connected amp not the cabled one. Both Amps are on the same firmware.
Edit: I've just seen there's an app update 2 hours ago. Updating mine now....

LOL Release notes: "Search tab crash issue fixed"

@spinnrade - check app store for updated app

Back