Wiim Amp no sound with Definitive D15

only320

Hello everyone,

I received the new Wiim Amp yesterday and couldn't wait to set it up with my Definitive D15 speakers. However, I've encountered an issue—there's no sound at all.

I carefully followed the setup instructions, and I'm confident everything is connected correctly. Interestingly, when I tested the Wiim Amp with my Klipsch speakers, it worked perfectly. Additionally, my D15 speakers function flawlessly with my old Yamaha amp. This leads me to believe that both the Wiim Amp and D15 speakers are functional, but there's a compatibility issue between the Wiim Amp and the D15.

I've checked the specifications, and according to them, the Wiim Amp should be compatible with the D15 speakers. I'm puzzled as to why it's not working as expected. Unfortunately I will have to return my Wiim Amp if I can't figure out why.

1702395613802.png

Have you tried a restart or factory reset of the WiiM Amp after connecting the D15s? Note that WiiM advise disconnecting the amp completely from its power when changing speakers

Maybe real impedances of these speakers are much lower than the nominal one. Maybe low impedance protection is too aggressive in the Amp.

Have you tried a restart or factory reset of the WiiM Amp after connecting the D15s? Note that WiiM advise disconnecting the amp completely from its power when changing speakers
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try factory reset but this is a brand new Wiim Amp. The First time you powered on it always asks you to update the FW to the latest. I take that the same as Factory reset. Also, I did remove the power cord every time I change the speakers.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try factory reset but this is a brand new Wiim Amp. The First time you powered on it always asks you to update the FW to the latest. I take that the same as Factory reset. Also, I did remove the power cord every time I change the speakers.
I don’t see there is factory reset option. Did I miss anything?

RESETTING WIIM AMP
Press and hold the play/pause for 10s until you will hear the voice prompts of “Restore to
factory setting” and see the light flashing red and white.
Factory reset clears all source, volume, and network settings for WiiM Amp and returns it
back to the original factory settings

RESETTING WIIM AMP
Press and hold the play/pause for 10s until you will hear the voice prompts of “Restore to
factory setting” and see the light flashing red and white.
Factory reset clears all source, volume, and network settings for WiiM Amp and returns it
back to the original factory settings
I finally was able to restore to factory setting and it did resolve my issue!! Really appreciate to Doublej and Brantome's suggestion! I am still curious to know how that could resolve my issue. Is there any setting difference between 4 ohms inpedence speakers and 8 ohms inpedence speakers? If yes, can we at least expose the settings in app for users to set? Why does WiiM ship it with a setting which doesn't work with 4 ohms?

I finally was able to restore to factory setting and it did resolve my issue!! Really appreciate to Doublej and Brantome's suggestion! I am still curious to know how that could resolve my issue. Is there any setting difference between 4 ohms inpedence speakers and 8 ohms inpedence speakers? If yes, can we at least expose the settings in app for users to set? Why does WiiM ship it with a setting which doesn't work with 4 ohms?
I'm quite certain there's no setting for speaker impedance. The amplifier chip used is fully capable of driving 2 ohm speakers. Something likely got misconfigured the first time around, fixed by a factory reset. Stuff happens.

Could this have been the infamous Wiim Amp static?

Who knows, but as said above it’s not unusual for a reboot/reset to resolve software/firmware related issues

Confused me a bit it seems the amp is "not available" on all European Amazon sites..

Back