Wiim amp sound output

AlexSound

If I connect the Wiim amp with two passive speakers and also connect the Wiim amp with an active bluetooth speaker via bluetooth how can I listen from all speakers simultaneously?

If I connect the Wiim amp with two passive speakers and also connect the Wiim amp with an active bluetooth speaker via bluetooth how can I listen from all speakers simultaneously?
Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to output at the same time. According to the roadmap, the WiiM amp will have a USB output in the future. There is a possibility that you will be able to output USB at the same time as the speaker output. In that case, you can connect a Bluetooth transmitter to the USB and make a sound from the Bluetooth speaker.

thanks. If I use any other wiim product would I be able to achieve simultaneous play? If yes, which product do you recommend?

Does your bluetooth speaker also support airplay? If it does, you will be able to use that, and you can airplay music from an iPhone, or other apple device to your WiiM Amp, and speaker.

thanks. If I use any other wiim product would I be able to achieve simultaneous play? If yes, which product do you recommend?
If you add an additional WiiM product you'll be able to play simultaneously. All WiiM products have the same one output at a time limitation.

As @WiiMer SJ said, you can link multiple WiiMs to Linkplay Multi-Room Music for simultaneous playback. However, please note that you can't use Bluetooth output on multiple WiiM devices at the same time.

For instance
WiiM mini (host device) > Bluetooth out
WiiM amp > Speaker out

In this way, two WIIM groups can output simultaneously, but the Mini must be the host of the group.

WiiM mini (host device) > Bluetooth out
WiiM amp > Speaker out
WiiM pro > Bluetooth out

In this case, there is no sound from the WiiM pro. Only the host device can output via Bluetooth.

Output options are limited to Speaker Out (cable connection from binding posts to passive stereo speakers), Bluetooth Receiver (no matter if integrated into another device or not) and AirPlay Receiver.

IMG_20240322_190353.jpg

@Wiimer one more question. Can Wiim amp stream to a wifi speaker in the same way it can stream to a bluetooth speaker.
As @harkpabst said, the only ways the WiiM can wirelessly output to other speakers is through Bluetooth and airplay (Excludes WiiM mini).

However, it is possible to output simultaneously using the multi-room music provided by Wi-Fi speakers.

For example, if you have an Echo device, you can add your WiiM device to Alexa multi-room music (MRM) group.

Example:
Create an MRM group of Echo dot and WiiM pro, and play music on WiiM pro in the living room and Echo dot in the bedroom at the same time.

The same is true for Googlehome.
🙂

As @harkpabst said, the only ways the WiiM can wirelessly output to other speakers is through Bluetooth and airplay (Excludes WiiM mini).

However, it is possible to output simultaneously using the multi-room music provided by Wi-Fi speakers.

For example, if you have an Echo device, you can add your WiiM device to Alexa multi-room music (MRM) group.

Example:
Create an MRM group of Echo dot and WiiM pro, and play music on WiiM pro in the living room and Echo dot in the bedroom at the same time.

The same is true for Googlehome.
🙂
Yeah, but please note that Alexa MRM only plays Alexa supported services - you can’t use it to play Qobuz, aux/Bluetooth input, local files etc that a WiiM device would support.

Yeah, but please note that Alexa MRM only plays Alexa supported services - you can’t use it to play Qobuz, aux/Bluetooth input, local files etc that a WiiM device would support.
Yes, I should have supplemented it, but I woke up in the middle of the night and wrote this, so my head was fuzzy. 😪😁

Thank you. 😉

Edit;
By the way, does WiiM support MRM on Homepod? I'm so ignorant of Apple products that I don't even know how to turn on the iPhone. 😅

Last edited:
Yes, I should have supplemented it, but I woke up in the middle of the night and wrote this, so my head was fuzzy. 😪😁

Thank you. 😉
Thought it was just me who did that ;)

Edit;
By the way, does WiiM support MRM on Homepod? I'm so ignorant of Apple products that I don't even know how to turn on the iPhone. 😅

Guess you could call it that when you airplay from your phone to one or more Airplay 2 endpoints, or from Siri to a group (or “room”) in the Apple Home app. I think grouping was one of Airplay 2’s new features over Airplay 1 but I don’t have a lot of Apple experience

Guess you could call it that when you airplay from your phone to one or more Airplay 2 endpoints, or from Siri to a group (or “room”) in the Apple Home app. I think grouping was one of Airplay 2’s new features over Airplay 1 but I don’t have a lot of Apple experience
Thank you 😉

Back