"Now Playing" window not match manual

To be more specific, item 2 (More button) is in a different location and has more options than mine. Mine is missing the first two options, "Add to favorites" and "Add to playlist". The rest are the same. I really would like to have the two missing options.

To be more specific, item 2 (More button) is in a different location and has more options than mine. Mine is missing the first two options, "Add to favorites" and "Add to playlist". The rest are the same. I really would like to have the two missing options.
The options available might depend on what you are playing / streaming, and how.

I am streaming Amazon HD with 5G WiFi or a Lan cable. Anyone has these two options streaming Amazon HD?

I am streaming Amazon HD to my Wiim Pro using the Wiim Home App. While it is streaming, the "Now Playing" window is as shown in the second picture above. The "More" button is missing the two options I really like.

I am streaming Amazon HD to my Wiim Pro using the Wiim Home App. While it is streaming, the "Now Playing" window is as shown in the second picture above. The "More" button is missing the two options I really like.
I no longer have Amazon to try this myself. I'm sure others who do will jump in...
However, is there a reason you don't / can't cast from the amazon app?
Preferably via alexacast, and you can then add to favs etc. in the amazon app.
Location, maybe?

I think the "image 2" you posted is Deezer.

Amazon music Now Playing Screen
IMG_20240218_163500.jpg

Three-dot icon
IMG_20240218_163518.jpg

AlexaCast

IMG_20240218_163443.jpg

Three-dot icon
Screenshot_2024-02-18-16-39-27-688_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

The items displayed in the three-dot menu are limited when Casting.

So maybe amazon don't provide a way to add to (Amazon) favourites / playlists when playing via a 3rd party app, such as the wiim app.
Or maybe wiim haven't implemented it?
Either way, why not use the amazon app and cast to the wiim from it instead of using the wiim app?
That way surely you could add to favourites etc., as it'd be the amazon app you'd be using.
Unless you're in Poland! ;)

Yes, we can't add songs to favorites or playlists in the WiiM app. I think this is due to a limitation of the Amazon API.

AlexaCast solves the problem.

So maybe amazon don't provide a way to add to (Amazon) favourites / playlists when playing via a 3rd party app, such as the wiim app.
Or maybe wiim haven't implemented it?
Either way, why not use the amazon app and cast to the wiim from it instead of using the wiim app?
That way surely you could add to favourites etc., as it'd be the amazon app you'd be using.
Unless you're in Poland! ;)
Have not done casting before. Will give it a try. Guess then I will have to switch back and forth between Amazon and Wiim Home to use the equalizer, etc.

Yes, we can't add songs to favorites or playlists in the WiiM app. I think this is due to a limitation of the Amazon API.

AlexaCast solves the problem.
Do I need additional hardware for AlexaCast? Will sound quality to be different? I am quite happy with the sound quality now using Wiim Home.

Do I need additional hardware for AlexaCast? Will sound quality to be different? I am quite happy with the sound quality now using Wiim Home.
No, no additional hardware is required. The sound quality is the same for both. Log in to Alexa with the WiiM app and you will be able to use casting in the Amazon music app.

To log in to Alexa, go to the WiiM app > browse > music services > Alexa icon

You may also find that options you see in the amazon music app while playing it on your phone/tablet aren’t available when you cast to another device like the WiiM, adding to the queue springs to mind. Nor will the Amazon app show the resolution of what’s being played although the WiiM app will.

Welcome to the inconsistent world of Amazon Music ;)

Thanks all for helping. Alexa works. Unfortunately I cannot install Amazon Music on my iPad Air. It is running iOS 12. Cannot be updated to iOS 15 that is required by Amazon Music. It works on with my Samsung phone. Screen is quite small though. Hopefully Wiim can update the app to allow adding to favorites and playlists.

Hopefully Wiim can update the app to allow adding to favorites and playlists.
As said above, it may not be within WiiM’s powers - it is more likely that the Amazon Music API restricts it. It’s probably a read only interface i.e. WiiM can play tracks etc sent from Amazon, but it can‘t update your amazon music account with properties like favourites or new playlists.

Just opened a ticket. Let's see what the response is. Wiim Home can save to presets, locally I think. It will be useful if I can save individual songs to a playlist locally.

Here is the response from Wiim. As some of you mentioned, it is the API limitation. Hopefully Wiim can add this in future as mentioned below.

"Currently, due to API limitations with Amazon Music, the integrated Amazon Music feature within the WiiM Home app does not support adding tracks to playlists or favorites. Rest assured, we have recorded your request and will explore the possibility of including this functionality in future updates of the Amazon Music integration."

Back