WiiM Pro Plus

Thanks - any news/availability for non US regions?

And good luck with this new device - looks like another winner :)
There are dealers and retailers who have stock and our UK/EU Amazon listings to be available later this month or early next month.

Yeah, where’s Darko when you need him ;)
Interesting that you should mention Darko. I’m not aware that he is in line with the measurement brigade in the slightest. As I understand it he relies entirely on his ears and is ridiculed in some quarters as a result. Archimago.
That said I know he is a fan of LMS which brought him to digital music in the first instance.
Who should I trust?

Another lazy piece of journalism, copying parts from the press release without checking further - unaware of imminent Airplay casting and talking of DSD support that I haven’t seen WiiM mention

Another lazy piece of journalism, copying parts from the press release without checking further - unaware of imminent Airplay casting and talking of DSD support that I haven’t seen WiiM mention

You say lazy but to be fair it’s a complex area given all the possible permutations available to the uninitiated

Who should I trust?
Well you shouldn't trust Darko - he is like a 'populist' YouTuber - if Measurements fit his narrative he loves measurements e.g. when he got treatment on his new apartment in Portugal he was all over REW and using a calibration mic - but when he needs to review and say something nice about some product that obviously would measure badly he totally ignores measurements.

But he is no different than most YouTubers - some are better than others - some I don't believe even bother to listen to a product - while some like say the CheapAudioman (at least up until now), actually seems to listen and he mostly understands his own limitations (by just listening) but then seems to be well aligned with measurement based results.

Well you shouldn't trust Darko - he is like a 'populist' YouTuber - if Measurements fit his narrative he loves measurements e.g. when he got treatment on his new apartment in Portugal he was all over REW and using a calibration mic - but when he needs to review and say something nice about some product that obviously would measure badly he totally ignores measurements.

But he is no different than most YouTubers - some are better than others - some I don't believe even bother to listen to a product - while some like say the CheapAudioman (at least up until now), actually seems to listen and he mostly understands his own limitations (by just listening) but then seems to be well aligned with measurement based results.
And there you have the dichotomy spelled out in one post.

Interesting that you should mention Darko. I’m not aware that he is in line with the measurement brigade in the slightest. As I understand it he relies entirely on his ears and is ridiculed in some quarters as a result. Archimago.
That said I know he is a fan of LMS which brought him to digital music in the first instance.
Who should I trust?
I just mentioned him as someone who does seem to listen to gear and compare it to other gear he has listened to, not as a measurements guy

I just mentioned him as someone who does seem to listen to gear and compare it to other gear he has listened to, not as a measurements guy
I didn’t think you had. Note the other response

I am also inexperienced with ROON.
WiiM team is still very enthusiastic about improving WHA. So it may surpass Roon in the future....?!🤔 (Are Roon and WHA apples and oranges?)
The Roon implementation is like Spotify Connect (it just opens up the Roon app when you click on the Roon service in WHA). So there is no ”Roon navigation” within the WHA like you have with Tidal and others. I was surprised a bit when this got implemented that it works this way, but I do really like the Roon app to navigate and play my music.

Still waiting on SiriusXM for WHA and then it’ll be almost-perfect 😁

Surely there’s a difference measuring something like a room’s acoustics for the purpose of identifying issues and applying corrective actions, compared to just measuring for comparison with other kit or paper specs?

And what if kit he listens to measures badly but performs well to his ears? Surely that’s what subjective reviews are all about?

I find him entertaining at times - don’t know if I’d go for a pint with him though ;)

Darko did and still does so much more for bringing good hifi to the people than all of the OAs. And of course he does well for his bank account. Should one blame him?
Why is he for so many people kind of relevant? And f.e. ASR is not? All the others are idiots? Average and not educated listeners? May be, but they will have fun with his reviews. And quite sure they will have fun with the stuff they eventually bought because he "influenced" them. It reads so often envious...
He does it in an entertaining way, others do it in their (pseudo?)scientific way.
For both ways and even more is place.
In the name of K.I. 😉

Heads down the best reviewer imo is GoldenOne. He knows digital and analog electrical engineering on a professional level. Owns an API 555 AND trust his own hearing. The tecnical knowledge of most reviewer are laughable.

Last edited:
Back