WiiM Pro Plus

Am I to blind again? Are the final specs confirmed and published already anywhere?

Think I’m ok in posting this given WiiM said I could reveal some of the info I’ve previously been given in private DMs:

The value proposition of WiiM Pro+ is -

WiiM Pro+ = WiiM Pro + Better ADC + Better DAC + OPAMP
  • Simple system – direct to your AMP or powered speaker without external DAC
  • Upgraded DAC with OP AMP, redesigned power circuits and upgraded ADC that can do up to 24-bit/192 kHz.
  • Audio quality comparable with WiiM Pro connected to the external DAC (up to $500 price?)
  • Save the external DAC and cable cost
  • Some low-end DACs don’t handle the clock, variable sample rate/bit depth properly, or don’t support up to 24-bit/192kHz digital input
  • SNR: 120 dB (A-wt)
  • THD+N (1 kHz): 0.0004% (-108 dB) for 44.1k to 192k
  • FR curve: +/- 0.1 dB
It features a new generation AKM 4493SEQ premium DAC that is able to achieve a leading level of low distortion and wide dynamic range thanks to AKM’s Velvet Sound Technology.

Retail price around €220 including the remote. Release date around Aug 5th on Amazon US, UK, DE, and CA.

Edit: this of course is subject to verification/ change by WiiM but has been collated from a few DMs I’ve had from them in recent weeks.

Last edited:
Thank you very much. It seems that I will patiently wait for a PRO-USB. In other aspects I am satisfied with my existing Pro, because here most of the sound work is done by the external stuff. But of course will read all the posts here regarding the + and may be the new item performs so sensational good that I wanna have it anyway. 😇

Think I’m ok in posting this given WiiM said I could reveal some of the info I’ve previously been given in private DMs:

• Upgraded DAC with OP AMP, redesigned power circuits and upgraded ADC that can do up to 24-bit/192 kHz.
  • Audio quality comparable with WiiM Pro connected to the external DAC (up to $500 price?)
  • Some low-end DACs don’t handle the clock, variable sample rate/bit depth properly, or don’t support up to 24-bit/192kHz digital input
It features a new generation AKM 4493SEQ premium DAC that is able to achieve a leading level of low distortion and wide dynamic range thanks to AKM’s Velvet Sound Technology.

Retail price around €220 including the remote. Release date around Aug 5th on Amazon US, UK, DE, and CA.

Edit: this of course is subject to verification/ change by WiiM but has been collated from a few DMs I’ve had from them in recent weeks.
That's too conscientious pricing, isn't it?
And it may be more powerful than Bluesound node X. 😳

It certainly will be interesting to see how it performs in the market once more users get their hands on it and the usual suspects start measuring it ;)

Pricewise it’s maybe targeting those buyers who might have bought a Pro (especially when it’s been on sale) and previously would have bought a Topping or Schiit DAC as well, for example, and WiiM want to underline its value proposition by pricing it less than such a combination.

In my case the Pro without plus replaces the Node X already. The internal DAC of the Nodes have always been the weak parts. So external DACs are here already. And may be that is not a common look, the WiiMs software is better already yet. Not blaming Bluesound, I have been pleased with it for long. But with the WiiM the first real challenger popped up.

Have you been told about new ADC chip details?

Thank you very much. It seems that I will patiently wait for a PRO-USB. In other aspects I am satisfied with my existing Pro, because here most of the sound work is done by the external stuff. But of course will read all the posts here regarding the + and may be the new item performs so sensational good that I wanna have it anyway. 😇
Pro usb is what I’m looking to get but won’t probably get release till end of next year.

No word about a slightly more capacious coax receptacle? ;)

So this is aimed at all-in-one stream solutions. Is there a clean USB out for an external DAC?

Maybe they could bifurcate this - AIO solution one product and no DAC built-in another product but with USB-C out.

It seems a downer for some of us.

So this is aimed at all-in-one stream solutions. Is there a clean USB out for an external DAC?

Maybe they could bifurcate this - AIO solution one product and no DAC built-in another product but with USB-C out.

It seems a downer for some of us.
No, no usb on this model but WiiM have already intimidated that later models than the Plus will have usb out.

Just to confirm, does the + have a good clock in it?

Back