WiiM Pro Plus

@Maurizio May be I am absolutely wrong or simply do not understand...
The digital path, where bit -perfect is wanted, will end either in WiiM's internal DAC or in an external DAC. At the DAC's output is analog already....
Sorry, but why WhiiM says that bit-perfect is throu Spdif or Coax?
Or..have i misanderstood?

That is right. Bit-perfect to the DAC.
Bit-perfect to an external DAC via optical or coax ✔️
Bit-perfect to the internal DAC ✔️
At the DACs "exit" at the RCAs the job is done already.

In fact we usually want the DAC to stop being bit-perfect before the DA conversion, sometimes even earlier, to avoid clipping for example.

Being bit-perfect is the most useful when discussing whether 2 devices can play differently or not ;)

That is right. Bit-perfect to the DAC.
Bit-perfect to an external DAC via optical or coax ✔️
Bit-perfect to the internal DAC ✔️
At the DACs "exit" at the RCAs the job is done already.
@Achim1811
Pal, you are my savior ;) Now i’m peaceful.As you can see, I rave from time to time. Maybe because of the heat. 36 degrees is really too much. I'll set the AC to a lower temperature to cool my old brain.😂😂;)

@Maurizio
For sure @onlyoneme is deeper in details like clipping or so on, but I think that was not the point of your question. Which was no question indeed..you know what I mean.
By the way...we have cloudy 19°, expecting 14° for the night. But you know, the water would not please you 😉

@Maurizio
For sure @onlyoneme is deeper in details like clipping or so on, but I think that was not the point of your question. Which was no question indeed..you know what I mean.
By the way...we have cloudy 19°, expecting 14° for the night. But you know, the water would not please you 😉
Of course I can't appreciate your sea water. Definitely too hot. 😂 😂

I have to admit that with the WiiM+, choosing AKM, they did a good job. At least it's a serious chip.
The yield remains to be seen considering the general architecture.
Still, it's a good step forward. ;)

I have to admit that with the WiiM+, choosing AKM, they did a good job. At least it's a serious chip.
The yield remains to be seen considering the general architecture.
Still, it's a good step forward. ;)
No doubt it's a good chip, but I am curious what and if the a power supply will be provided this time? For my Wiim Pro, I had to use my own USB charger. I am under the impression that power supply may affect the sound quality if it's a lousy one, so will Pro+ get a better power supply?

For pure curiosity...which increase of the price are you willing to pay for that?
And, if the power supply affects the sound (what I believe) and you are aware of it: why did you not buy a better one?
The price for the existing Pro is kind of a killer price and this would be not possible if they add a decent ps.
Although, I think that a lot of WiiM's clients already own some and love to play around with it.

Last edited:
I will definitely capture the output when using different power sources, to let everyone compare... A hint for something nice from the public domain?

No doubt it's a good chip, but I am curious what and if the a power supply will be provided this time? For my Wiim Pro, I had to use my own USB charger. I am under the impression that power supply may affect the sound quality if it's a lousy one, so will Pro+ get a better power supply?

The power supply makes a difference if you use the analog electronics - Internal DAC output, analog output stage. IF one uses Toslink out, the power supply does not matter, unless it really is very bad, which is not the case with WiiM.

For pure curiosity...which increase of the price are you willing to pay for that?
Are you asking for WiiM Pro+ or just better power supply? I think $20-30 should be reasonable?
And, if the power supply affects the sound (what I believe) and you are aware of it: why did you not buy a better one?
I had to move my WiiM Pro to a power conditioner, instead of butting a new power supply, which is not ideal if I have to move it somewhere else.
The price for the existing Pro is kind of a killer price and this would be not possible if they add a decent ps.
While I agree, but maybe WiiM can mass produce one and offer it as an upgrade option?
Although, I think that a lot of WiiM's clients already own some and love to play around with it.
Pro was my first Wiim so I was just caught of guard a bit

Can we expect aptxhd, LDAC and other superior codecs for Bluetooth from WiiM Pus ??

Well, WiiM PRO already have Bluetooth with SBC and AAC codec

What's wrong in expecting the PRO Plus in making it better with other superior codecs ?1?!?

Back