WiiM Amp

Try it in English, quite sure they understand you!
I agree i think they speak English too. That wouldn.t be a problem for them i think. Maybe that can be expected from a seller i would say..
There are multiple people in such a company i would assume... i just cant imagine nobody can,t talk in English.
Im sure they are willing to help you and hopefully you will can enjoy listening with the amp soon..

Here in the Netherlands we always say:" Een beller is sneller".. :)...call them its,s the fastest way you,re problem will be solved.

Last edited:
@WiiM Support
Hey, I've sent you multiple emails regarding the issue I'm having with the Wiim amp replacement, but still haven't received any replies. The seller (Audio Trade Germany) is not responding to my emails as well. It's now been almost two months since I sent back my device for a replacement!
I did not send mine back to ATR but contacted Wiim instead inclouding my ATR ticket number. They answered:
"
Thank you for contacting us. Sorry for the trouble.
We have contacted the German distributor to send you the new WiiM AMP as soon as possible."

That was on the first of march. Havent heard anything from either Wiim or ATR. I contacted them again. As I'm not in Germany atm, I can wait. However, frustrating experience.

Good afternoon. Please tell me how can I determine the revision of the amplifier before buying? I don’t want to run into a defective version of the first revision. How to determine?

Attachments

• IMG_0831.jpeg
    IMG_0831.jpeg
    415.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0832.jpeg
    IMG_0832.jpeg
    571.9 KB · Views: 40
Good afternoon. Please tell me how can I determine the revision of the amplifier before buying? I don’t want to run into a defective version of the first revision. How to determine?
Hi, if you can connect it to the network, then send a request after the API. In response you will get a lot of information, including the PCB version, which I understand you are interested in.
The command is simple, you find the network address of the device in Wiim Home and then in a web browser on a device running on the same network you type:

h t t p s://x.x.x.x./httpapi.asp?command=getStatusEx
- https together (I made breaks here so that the forum site does not identify as a web address)
- instead of x the address of your wiim amp

I performed this operation without any problems and downloaded all the necessary information about the device.

As far as I know with the current PCB version 5 the orientation of RCA Line In was changed/fixed, too. Might help to identify the version without powering it on. But I don’t recall the updated orientation and my PCB=5 Amp is too hidden/built-in to check. Maybe someone else can help.

Hi, if you can connect it to the network, then send a request after the API. In response you will get a lot of information, including the PCB version, which I understand you are interested in.
The command is simple, you find the network address of the device in Wiim Home and then in a web browser on a device running on the same network you type:

h t t p s://x.x.x.x./httpapi.asp?command=getStatusEx
- https together (I made breaks here so that the forum site does not identify as a web address)
- instead of x the address of your wiim amp

I performed this operation without any problems and downloaded all the necessary information about the device.
Thank you for what exactly I need to see there (A lot of information) how is the revision marked? Sellers do not want to open new products! Are there any other options?
As far as I know with the current PCB version 5 the orientation of RCA Line In was changed/fixed, too. Might help to identify the version without powering it on. But I don’t recall the updated orientation and my PCB=5 Amp is too hidden/built-in to check. Maybe someone else can help.
The seller tells me that in the new revision, the RCA connector (the left one should be red!) Please confirm this information.

Also, the latest revision units have mostly been sold in boxes with black and white icons for the supported streaming service, while the original boxes had icons in color.

However, there have been reports recently about PCB version 5 units sold in the old style boxes, so this might not be 100% reliable.

Seems to be PCB 4 IMO.
What does it mean? Here is a photo of the new product (the seller ordered in China). Maybe you can get additional information about them? Thank you all for your help, this is the first time I have encountered such problems before buying electronics.

Attachments

• 20a6be7b-4174-44cb-91f4-46b24545a785.jpg
    20a6be7b-4174-44cb-91f4-46b24545a785.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 87079f8b-78fd-408f-96d9-9de580a2fb18.jpg
    87079f8b-78fd-408f-96d9-9de580a2fb18.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 28
  • be397fc2-11c5-444d-ab11-478377c988c1.jpg
    be397fc2-11c5-444d-ab11-478377c988c1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 27
I thought someone pointed out the new version's AUX output are errr... left/right are swapped?

What does it mean? Here is a photo of the new product (the seller ordered in China). Maybe you can get additional information about them? Thank you all for your help, this is the first time I have encountered such problems before buying electronics.
Based on your photos it could be PCB 5 except one detail - it lacks IEC class II insulation protection mark which I can see on my PCB 5 unit. That's why I suspect it's a bit older PCB 4 revision.

If possible, I’d only buy from Amazon or an official WiiM distributor. Phrases like “the seller ordered in China” would frankly worry me as you couldn’t be assured of a replacement unit should it turn out to be faulty in any way.

But can you assume that there is an issue with an older version?
If it works fine ..its alright isn't it?

Don't want to spoil anybody's business, but toward the end of March 2023 I wouldn't buy a WiiM Amp where the serial number starts with P1TF23.

Buy either from a very trustworthy local dealer or from a high volume online reseller. The difference in price cannot be that big.

Don't want to spoil anybody's business, but toward the end of March 2023 I wouldn't buy a WiiM Amp where the serial number starts with P1TF23.

Buy either from a very trustworthy local dealer or from a high volume online reseller. The difference in price cannot be that big.
Good afternoon, what's wrong with this episode? The seller says that this is the second version, everything works fine (the product was checked before sale).

Good afternoon, what's wrong with this episode? The seller says that this is the second version, everything works fine (the product was checked before sale).
Well, you have been asking how to identify the revision of the WiiM Amp prior to buying it. The answer is: There is no 100% safe way to know without either connecting it to the network and accessing the HTTP API or opening the actual case.

If the seller didn't do one thing or the other he cannot know the "PCB_version" for sure, no matter what he says. So far, we know of PCB_version 2, 4 and 5. So, what does "this is the second version" really mean?

There are certain hints toward the newer versus the older versions:
  • Red RCA socket must be on the left side (watched from behind) ✅
  • The box should have the black and white icons ✅
  • There should be the IEC class II mark on the bottom of the unit ❌
    class2.jpg
  • Current production samples made in 2024 have a serial number starting with P1TF24 ❌
It has been guessed that this unit most probably was a PCB_version 4. It might work just fine, but if it is, it's simply not the latest revision. Why would you want to buy this particular unit from this particular seller, if not because of a discounted price?

Last edited:
Back