WiiM Amp Color

Status
Not open for further replies.
The expected release date is in early November, with a price point of around $300. Sounds like it could be the perfect holiday gift, don't you think?
This would be for my patio system. Do you think it will drive these speakers to a decent level or should I get a Pro and separate amp? Right now I have a Fosi amp and am not all that impressed. The amp/WiiM will be in an ABS outdoor weather resistant box and mostly controlled by the WiiM Home App including volume.

This would be for my patio system. Do you think it will drive these speakers to a decent level or should I get a Pro and separate amp? Right now I have a Fosi amp and am not all that impressed. The amp/WiiM will be in an ABS outdoor weather resistant box and mostly controlled by the WiiM Home App including volume.
Rather early to say as again it’ll depend on how hard your speakers are to drive…

I’d wait till they at least get some beta units out to test then perhaps ask again

Rather early to say as again it’ll depend on how hard your speakers are to drive…

I’d wait till they at least get some beta units out to test then perhaps ask again
thanks. seems like I am always chasing something in the future.:)

6 indicator lights. 6 inputs: analog / USB / Optical / BT / WiFi / HDMI Arc
Good guess? There surely will be a remote control to switch between inputs, yes? @WiiM Team
The existing WiiM remote does that for my Pro Plus, so no reason for the Amp not to have a remote that does the same.

Can you tell us the model of amplifier? Seems something like a TPA3244 ?
TPA3255, 300 USD, begining of November.

TPA3255, 300 USD, begining of November.

Odd as I have a few TPA3255 and they have much higher output than 60W into 8Ohms - depending on the power supply but maybe Wiim are being "honest" with the output provided by their shipped power supply.

My AVR put out 100 watt channel in 2 channel and yet my Polk legend hardly being loud let alone 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back