Integrating Music Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, we'd like to see what music services you want integrated into our WiiM Home app.

Please note, we hear you on Apple Music and YouTube Music as those are two we would love to integrate, but aside from these two, please post which ones you'd like to see and please vote up the ones you want. We are curious about what our community wants, and we'll see what we can do!

--
2/13/24 - We closed this thread and want to move the conversation to this thread where there is a poll. https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/integrating-music-services-poll.2816/

Thanks!
WiiM Team

Last edited:
Support for Logitech Media Server. I know you have a firmware update for this, but I am led to believe it is part of what I want.

Being able to access your LMS library and play to (and link) other WiiMs or DLNA devices. The Material skin is a nice alternative to the WHA. LMS is a local service, but still a service. I all of these played well together I think you would get a lot more customers.

Mod edit: post copied and replies moved to new thread in Squeezelite subforum

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, as I’m the one who originally requested Roon and LMS/Squeezelite support on the old forums, maybe I’ll get a third wish granted, lol. Full integration of the FLAC streams, with metadata, of Jazz Groove.

Please note, we hear you on Apple Music and YouTube Music as those are two we would love to integrate, but aside from these two,

Will the WiiM be equipped with an enhancer that makes Youtube Music sound as high as a CD? 🤔😂

If that happens, I, who has Youtube Premium, may be able to save money on streaming. 🤣

I think the effectiveness is debatable, but if Linkplay could add advanced enhancer features, that could be a game-changer. 😊

I already pointed it out... but it seems to me that if via wiim home the mp3 streams are analyzed correctly.. I have the example of radio streams via icecast etc where the aac are not correctly explained (nor metadata), only indicates the original format without compression. ..while bubble or hificast have no problems and clearly indicate the format etc...so not a limitation of these icecast links...

(I'm eager to know what lms could give on these radios..metadata format etc. ex
example
http://icecast.radiofrance.fr/fip-hifi.aac
etc)

;-)

Last edited:
I already pointed it out... but it seems to me that if via wiim home the mp3 streams are analyzed correctly.. I have the example of radio streams via icecast etc where the aac are not correctly explained (nor metadata), only indicates the original format without compression. ..while bubble or hificast have no problems and clearly indicate the format etc...so not a limitation of these icecast links...

(I'm eager to know what lms could give on these radios..metadata format etc. ex
example
http://icecast.radiofrance.fr/fip-hifi.aac
etc)

;-)

I enabled the Radio France plugin on LMS and I get this on the WiiM Home app, but it does seem to vary a little station to station.

(maybe this is getting a little off topic, might need to start an LMS thread when we all have the squeezelite firmware ;) )

Attachments

• IMG_8161.jpeg
    IMG_8161.jpeg
    599.5 KB · Views: 36
Hi, we'd like to see what music services you want integrated into our WiiM Home app.

Please note, we hear you on Apple Music and YouTube Music as those are two we would love to integrate, but aside from these two, please post which ones you'd like to see and please vote up the ones you want. We are curious about what our community wants, and we'll see what we can do!
Youtube music + Youtube

I enabled the Radio France plugin on LMS and I get this on the WiiM Home app, but it does seem to vary a little station to station.

(maybe this is getting a little off topic, might need to start an LMS thread when we all have the squeezelite firmware ;) )
Yeah, I was getting some of those abbreviated station details from some of AAC URLs from the FMStream site into Open Network Stream.

yes and no.. ...because shows that some data is available...but poses a problem because this radio offers different types of streams and the mls does not specify the type and level of compression in lms..(the icecast that I I pointed out are unfortunately the best ones offered, in aac 192k)
;-)

yes and no.. ...because shows that some data is available...but poses a problem because this radio offers different types of streams and the mls does not specify the type and level of compression in lms..(the icecast that I I pointed out are unfortunately the best ones offered, in aac 192k)
;-)
What I posted was the WiiM home app screen - here’s the LMS screen which does show bitrate and type

Attachments

• IMG_8162.jpeg
    IMG_8162.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back