WiiM Amp Color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren’t the Pro Plus and WiiM Amp being mixed up here? The Pro Plus doesn’t have an amp, and the WiiM Amp will have a metal case.
Maybe. GiBo61 and I were just saying we would like to have a nice aluminum case (like the AMP's) for the Pro Plus (as I doubt I will upgrade to the AMP). It's a minor thing, but the Pro Plus feels a little... chintzy, compared to it's capabilities and performance. I have a CNC mill, so I may just make one lol.

Hi Smartplug, Team

We're targeting a Q4 launch for this product. But keep an eye out—more Beta test samples will be rolling out in late September and October! Thank you for your continued support.
I would be interested in a beta model.

I voted Silver because darker colors, black in particular look like they need dusting after a week without attention. Black is the new banal, soon the market will tire of it's ubiquitous overuse, the "color's" jolting presence is unwelcome in many interiors be they mid-century modern, traditional or more bohemian.

Black.

My M-16 A-1 was black, my service issue boots were black, [as soon as I could I got a pair of Panama's]. The best thing the US Army ever did was to dump black boots...try keeping them looking sharp. The only guys who ever liked our black boots were the guys shooting at our guys. Black cars may look "cool" to some but, they are also a headache to keep clean and cool...not everybody has Kato on call. A dirty black car is anything but cool...just saying.

I want my stereo equipment to look clean and modern, not like a piece of blued steel [an old fashioned corrosion technique] or worse, cast Iron. Clear anodized, whether brushed or grit-blasted is far more neutral and matches most interiors better...not everybody wants their living room to look like a gamer's dungeon. Your product will be in people's houses for, at least, a decade.

Not asked but; I think the black inking of the embossing is "too much", when you are the leader, you don't have to shout your name, people will look for it.

OT - I am looking forward to your 100 amp model a clean "one and done" at a price point that allows me to buy several units for myself and as well as gifts to those who are just finding out about how streaming can broaden musical horizons...I can't wait it'll be most welcome. The new speakers I am building will blow off the doors with 40 clean watts.

Good luck, your great products will sell well no matter what color you choose so, if it's "dungeon-black" I'll just hide the box behind piece of vintage grill cloth...not a marketer's dream but, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do....gotta keep the mid-century vibe going.

I completely agree about the case: plastic is insulating, while metal disperses heat much better. Harman Kardon Citation Amp is an example of a compact and powerful Class D amplifier with a plastic case and overheating problems.
I completely agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back