WiiM Pro Plus

steadyshot, Achim1811,

Thank you.😊

I am also inexperienced with ROON.
WiiM team is still very enthusiastic about improving WHA. So it may surpass Roon in the future....?!🤔 (Are Roon and WHA apples and oranges?)
Quite sure, yes. May be you can compare WHA with Bluesound. And LMS with Roon.

For all the measurements that we have and actual every day use of the Wiim Pro is more than an contrary conclusion. What I mean is that while the measurements may give a negative impression to many wanting to squeeze every last 0 out of their digital box in actual real life usage its a different story. I use a Wiim Pro with high quality QED interconnects into various Class A/B and Class D amplifiers. I use the line out straight to the amps also a Topping E50 dac and after testing both the difference is marginal. The Wiim pro really is good value for money and sounds great whether using analogue or digital outputs. I replaced my Denon dnp730ae with the Wiim Pro and never looked back, that was an £800 streamer back in 2012! The only advantage according to this thread with the new Wiim Pro Plus is the analogue connection and again it’s probably only going to be marginally better. I honestly think the Wiim Pro sounds fine even via RCA straight to my amp, its clear, dynamic and at the moment is performing really well feeding a Class D power amp with plenty of adjustable volume on the Wiims remote control which is also very pleasing to have this much power from the Wiim itself feeding the amp. Its great for smaller amps to have this strength in a source, the Wiim Pro beats my laptop and PC here. Linkplay have done a fine job regardless of minuscule anomalies found in ultra sensitive measuring equipment that really do not have an impact on day to day performance and I am satisfied with my experience in finding out.
Your post is really encouraging, as I sit here waiting for my Wiim Pro to be delivered by Ripcaster...great name...there has been some love from others on here for the Wiim Burr Brown dac at the analogue stage and encouraging discussion on Reddit regarding rca out...I don't have any other dacs to compare it to cept the laptop connected usb 202 Behringer...my amp has power too tho due to certain constraints sounds have to be kept quite low...look forward to maybe adding a twinkle into my system to go with the sparkle...good that it works so well for you...

Your post is really encouraging, as I sit here waiting for my Wiim Pro to be delivered by Ripcaster...great name...there has been some love from others on here for the Wiim Burr Brown dac at the analogue stage and encouraging discussion on Reddit regarding rca out...I don't have any other dacs to compare it to cept the laptop connected usb 202 Behringer...my amp has power too tho due to certain constraints sounds have to be kept quite low...look forward to maybe adding a twinkle into my system to go with the sparkle...good that it works so well for you...
Got the Reddit link?

Got the Reddit link?
ttps://www.reddit.com/r/BudgetAudiophile/comments/12uvm5l/just_got_a_wiim_pro/...there's another one from reddit somewhere in my history an asked for and answered comparison between rca and digital during a thread from someone...op came out in favour of digital, but did not tarnish rca...that's encouraging from my perspective, as is the attached link and some of the correspondence here...if I find will post...

First not very informative preview:

another one hopefully more informative (still watching it):

I'm waiting for someone to open it op to see which opamps were used. TI makes a lot of different ones.

Back