WiiM Amp

Could be better to have separate thread to follow and discuss further on this.

Hope this to be Class D and based on my priority, listed the modules to be seen in it.

1. Hypex NCore
2. Purifii
3. TI TPA 3XXX

Eager to see this in the market soon and more importantly to perform well, to add to my Wiim PRO
it's not an affront to them to think that will be a fairly modest approach...

Hope this to be Class D and based on my priority, listed the modules to be seen in it.

1. Hypex NCore
2. Purifii
3. TI TPA 3XXX

Eager to see this in the market soon and more importantly to perform well, to add to my Wiim PRO
No chance for ncore or purifi. The chassis looks too small. I will not even mention the price especially for purifi implementations.

1. Hypex NCore
2. Purifii
3. TI TPA 3XXX

Ok, I’ll try and do this - first time , so fingers crossed…

Done :) New thread under Wiim Amp…

Indeed. I was surprised wiim put it in this thread.

I'm hoping/expecting that there's effectively a pro+ inside.
I don't believe that there will be a streamer in it, which could eventually increase its price

No chance for ncore or purifi. The chassis looks too small. I will not even mention the price especially for purifi implementations.
By the size if you think it can't be Ncore or Purifi, then obviously TI TPA 3XXX

or

Class A ?

I don't believe that there will be a streamer in it, which could eventually increase its price
I'm pretty sure it would be all-in-one device, especially when playback control with the knob was mentioned.

Ok, I’ll try and do this - first time , so fingers crossed…

Done :) New thread under Wiim Amp…
But some replies seem to be back to the old thread. I’ll try and move them. Maybe if members refresh their page and reply specifically on this new thread?

Reactions: SiR
By the size if you think it can't be Ncore or Purifi, then obviously TI TPA 3XXX

or

Class A ?
I do not see a chance for class A amp here. And no reason.
I think it will be one of class D chipsets, but not of the most expensive ones like hypex or purifi.

Then I'll hold my PRO and wait for this to see its performance as a all in one

But personally I would expect this to be a Amp alone with in built DAC, so that importance can be given for the Amp function

Last edited:
Let's imagine a possible mistake of the user ;)
Well, if it isn’t a mains inlet and someone plugs a mains current into it, then that would be quite a mistake ;)

Like the red/white L/R sockets, let’s blame the photoshop artist rather than the electronics engineer…

Well, if it isn’t a mains inlet and someone plugs a mains current into it, then that would be quite a mistake ;)

Like the red/white L/R sockets, let’s blame the photoshop artist rather than the electronics engineer…
Sure, photoshop has an unlimited power.

Ensuite, je tiendrai mon PRO et j'attendrai que cela voie ses performances en tant que tout-en-un

Mais personnellement, je m'attendrais à ce que ce soit un ampli seul avec un DAC intégré, de sorte que l'importance puisse être accordée à la fonction Amp
ethernet etc....

As I wrote earlier, I think the built-in amplifier is likely to be the same "Axign" as the Node edge. 🙂

Back