WiiM Ultra

Updated on 4/19/2024

Hi Team,

We're excited to give you a sneak peek at the WiiM Ultra, your future go-to digital hub for all things music! We're putting the final touches on this innovative product and are on track for a Q2 release. Stay tuned for more updates as we gear up for launch!

1713556429155.png
1713556558651.png

Original message by Brantome:
As mentioned in a user reply from the WiiM/Linkplay CEO on the WiiM Fan Page on Facebook, WiiM are developing a new device called the WiiM Ultra which will have a screen, aluminium case and USB audio output. It should be available Q2 2024, so a good five to six months away.

Guess @Smartplug is due a prize (e.g. I'll lay off gently ribbing them about their constant 'when' questions) as I think they first suggested that name a while ago ;):ROFLMAO:

That's the entirety of the information I have, but WiiM do say they'll release more details in due course.

Last edited:
While yesterday checking some things for the issue of @ssen I moved my actual "mainstream"er around and took an as usual bad photo.
Do I need all this connectivity? For sure not. But it is nice to have and can fullfil one or another need more.
To mention the argument of @Smartplug. Of course it can be possible that WiiM/Linkplay does it for a little bit less money. I tried to avoid the label "cheap" 😉
But do not expect such features for "a third". Hope of course is ok. And you know "not affordable" is quite relative. As it always was and always will be.

IMG_1628.jpeg

Last edited:
jocke?
;-)
(860 euro dmp/3.. )
if already take care of the internal electronics a plus, the usb being demanded, maybe sym outputs in trs for a third of the price of the dmp?...
(ps
the dmp, have talked a lot about it because precisely produced chinoix very complete..for a affordable price for this product range...so obviously...your words is funny ;-))
)
Would you sell your product that only handful of buyers buy them and the rest just collect dust on warehouse or sell them at affordable price even if the profit margin is thin but sells them by million units?

I am a little surprised that things like the aluminum case, the screen are being highlighted, to see an overabundance of inputs and outputs, a bit gadgety and which clearly will have an additional cost which will take away from what has made the wiims a certain success , very affordable consumer products... amazing marketing advice...

Would you sell your product that only handful of buyers buy them and the rest just collect dust on warehouse or sell them at affordable price even if the profit margin is thin but sells them by million units?
Millions? Please keep the ground..
To quote JD (in another question) "WiiM is plankton!"
Nice plankton, but still plankton. And most likely they calculate in digits up to five or six. Because they are merchants.

Millions? Please keep the ground..
To quote JD (in another question) "WiiM is plankton!"
Nice plankton, but still plankton. And most likely they calculate in digits up to five or six. Because they are merchants.
Another word of saying is selling more units than selling less unit over competing competition.

@Smartplug
That should be the normal way of doing business. And I am sure the industry does not need any education. Better said they look at the shareholders value more than making clients happy. Do you think the also successful competition are idiots? It was and is so much space and money in hifi industry (which increased even a little more by inventing this dumb word "audiophile" to make people feel good or better than the rest). There are enough people and money around for the whole market.

Another word of saying is selling more units than selling less unit over competing competition.
The Eversolo has sold extremely well and has been out of stock often. I doubt many mainstream now of either Wiim or Eversolo so it’s always a small market for his stuff. Both very active with updates adding features and bug fixes.

While yesterday checking some things for the issue of @ssen I moved my actual "mainstream"er around and took an as usual bad photo.
Do I need all this connectivity? For sure not. But it is nice to have and can fullfil one or another need more.
To mention the argument of @Smartplug. Of course it can be possible that WiiM/Linkplay does it for a little bit less money. I tried to avoid the label "cheap" 😉
But do not expect such features for "a third". Hope of course is ok. And you know "not affordable" is quite relative. As it always was and always will be.

View attachment 3065
1299 euro the neo,
and ifi has now been a player in the world of audio for a while...generations and a complete range of products with important engineering etc...and rather access and this claims on the market of affordable audiophile products.. .
;-)

1299 euro the neo,
and ifi has now been a player in the world of audio for a while...generations and a complete range of products with important engineering etc...and rather access and this claims on the market of affordable audiophile products.. .
;-)
(it is worth any Cent 😉)

@ratty
All of that, it is complete joy. As the most of you will know my bias is on build quality, optic and haptic more than on measurements 😂 I like the whole package. The very small screen is nonsense and the fact they placed the 4.4 socket on the rear is not very nice if one uses it for headphones. My meaning of importance of a DAC is may be a little different to the common meanings in this forum, but I judge the internal of the iFi as brilliant.
A few remarks could make it even more understandable.
a. I got it as test sample, but meanwhile I bought it.
b. As Rooner the UI of such items does not touch me.
c. and very special, as still part of our company Intranet our IT anarchists love the MR12

@ratty
All of that, it is complete joy. As the most of you will know my bias is on build quality, optic and haptic more than on measurements 😂 I like the whole package. The very small screen is nonsense and the fact they placed the 4.4 socket on the rear is not very nice if one uses it for headphones. My meaning of importance of a DAC is may be a little different to the common meanings in this forum, but I judge the internal of the iFi as brilliant.
A few remarks could make it even more understandable.
a. I got it as test sample, but meanwhile I bought it.
b. As Rooner the UI of such items does not touch me.
c. and very special, as still part of our company Intranet our IT anarchists love the MR12
Compared to node x in the dac section ?

Compared to node x in the dac section ?
For me (!) no audible difference. As normal in my opinion in such bit over budget price range.
The Node 2 was my first real streamer after a long time with Sonos Connect and Sonos Port. Did not impress me and was replaced by the Node X which sound audibly better in my ears. The WiiM Pro was an ordered test which impressed me really related to the tiny price. Together with a Cambridge DacMagic M200 and the WiiM software it was at least dead heat. But add the Pro and the external DAC and you are close to the Node X.
For me the Neo Stream was another step up. Especially the Roon integration is a little more stringent for me. Worth the price difference? Everyone has to decide for himself. A quite old experience in HiFi shows that the cost for small steps is not linear 😉
So as always I write over my impressions. Not valid for everyone.

Back