WiiM Ultra launch price

At what price would the WiiM Ultra be a compelling choice without sacrificing value?

• US $349, EUR 379, GBP 349

• US $399, EUR 429, GBP 399

• US $449, EUR 449, GBP 449

• Other - please specify price with currency in the comments

Results are only viewable after voting.
The idea of showing the now playing out on a HDMI or display port output seems to be a popular one, as a lot of people have their hifi around a flat TV, I can understand why this might be a good idea.

Aren't there a few raspberry pi projects to achieve this?

If it’s only background music, play the music app on the TV and send the audio to the Ultra.
I get that (I have a Wiim pro now so I am a fan) and there always workarounds like the Spotify app on my Roku that is plugged in to my receiver via hdmi. In the end it will come down to whether the quality of the phono stage (better than marantz 6014) and the dac are good enough to justify the expense. We will see.

Last edited:
The idea of showing the now playing out on a HDMI or display port output seems to be a popular one, as a lot of people have their hifi around a flat TV, I can understand why this might be a good idea.

Aren't there a few raspberry pi projects to achieve this?
definitely an interesting thing if you are good at those sorts of projects. my attraction to the wiim is that its done for me. having said that, what ever the ultra is worth to me without that feature (based on dac, phono stage etc), it would be worth an extra $50-100 with it.

One thing I would want to know besides what has been mentioned (maybe it goes without saying) is whether I can put the image from the built in screen on to my tv screen using the hdmi. I have a full home theater so no need to run sound from tv to this.
If it’s only background music, play the music app on the TV and send the audio to the Ultra.
It would be nice to be able to cast the display to a Chromecast device. I can do this in Roon, and it is great, but for those that do not have Roon, I can see this as being a very nice feature.

That said, I would imagine you can cast from iPhone screen to an AirPlay screen.

One thing I would want to know besides what has been mentioned (maybe it goes without saying) is whether I can put the image from the built in screen on to my tv screen using the hdmi. I have a full home theater so no need to run sound from tv to this.
I remember asking the same question as you when the WiiM amp was released. And @Brantome responded in the same way. History repeats itself. 😁

Certainly, there are times when it is convenient to be able to do so. In my case, I thought it would be convenient if I could display the WiiM home setting screen on the TV and operate it with the remote control.

IMO, this pool makes any sense. WiiM marketing team haven’t provided any meaningful specs yet for the WiiM Ultra.

All I’ve seen so far it’s just a pretty render. There are similar looking devices anything from $150 to $3500.

I have so many questions:
What is the screen resolution? is it OLED? Will it finally support AptX/LDAC? What kind of phono MM or MM/MC? Etc…
I'd like the Ultra to have LDAC but I'm not holding my breath since they'd have to pay for the right to use it

I'd like the Ultra to have LDAC but I'm not holding my breath since they'd have to pay for the right to use it
Would you want the WiiM Ultra to use LDAC as a sender or as a receiver? What would be the use case for the latter?

From Wikipedia:
The encoder of LDAC is open-source under Apache License 2.0, so that any device can be coded to transmit LDAC streams without patent or licensing issues.

I'm the opposite. I do not want to use my display (60" plasma) to be on and really do not want a static image on it either. I have an Eversolo DMP-A6 with an HDMI output. It's great to be able to play 5.1 files now without having my display on. Before buying the DMP-A6 I played the files (on hard drive) with my Oppo 203 which required the display to be on to navigate the files.

I'm the opposite. I do not want to use my display (60" plasma) to be on and really do not want a static image on it either. I have an Eversolo DMP-A6 with an HDMI output. It's great to be able to play 5.1 files now without having my display on. Before buying the DMP-A6 I played the files (on hard drive) with my Oppo 203 which required the display to be on to navigate the files.
Hi Bill!! Hope you are well!
I also use an Eversolo DMP-A6 via HDMI, mainly as a Roon endpoint. I got it primarily because I could do multichannel with it.
BTW...it Curtis. I have not been on AVS much in the past few years or so, but I am still around.

Back