What will the ‘other’ new WiiM be this May?

For example, imagine if it's a new remote, with more buttons and a better mic for room correction.
While it's a great product that quite a few people would love, it's not exactly at the top of their wishlist.
That’s a great shout - and it may have been touched on before. Controls for the screen, such as what to display, would be difficult on the current remote so an updated remote is a very sensible suggestion :)

That’s a great shout - and it may have been touched on before. Controls for the screen, such as what to display, would be difficult on the current remote so an updated remote is a very sensible suggestion :)
Surely the app will provide for easy changes/adjustments for the display (presuming that the display even has configurable elements).

Surely the app will provide for easy changes/adjustments for the display (presuming that the display even has configurable elements).
Of course, and you can use the app for all the existing remote functions so why have a remote at all?

I’d argue a remote is much more convenient than waking your phone, finding the WiiM home app then navigating to the control you want. Although it doesn’t apply for the WiiM unfortunately, I use my harmony remote to control all my other equipment even though it also has a comprehensive app.

Of course, and you can use the app for all the existing remote functions so why have a remote at all?

I’d argue a remote is much more convenient than waking your phone, finding the WiiM home app then navigating to the control you want. Although it doesn’t apply for the WiiM unfortunately, I use my harmony remote to control all my other equipment even though it also has a comprehensive app.

When using my WiiM my phone is in my hand anyway.

I mean I literally can’t select’ let alone start playing a track without it.

When using my WiiM my phone is in my hand anyway.

I mean I literally can’t select’ let alone start playing a track without it.
You can if you’ve set up a playlist or radio station in a preset, for example. And what if someone comes to the door, or the phone rings? I’d argue a remote is more immediate and handier then, as it is for skipping a track etc.

I'm not arguing that no one needs or values a remote. I was just pointing out that a new remote wasn't necessarily required to get full use of the Ultra. Personally, I haven't even bother linking my Wiim remote after several months of use of Mini, Pro+ and Amp. Goes to show how different two peoples use preferences can be!

And although I wouldn't be terribly surprised if a different remote shipped with the Ultra, I *would* be surprised if that new remote was the yet-to-be-announced new product they are teasing.

You can if you’ve set up a playlist or radio station in a preset, for example. And what if someone comes to the door, or the phone rings? I’d argue a remote is more immediate and handier then, as it is for skipping a track etc.

I suppose I press pause.

For me it’s not an issue, but if some prefer the remote, that’s fine with me.

I think maybe part of this is that I hold my phone in my hand while listening.

So pressing pause on the Amazon Music app is second nature, especially as I do a lot of mobile listening using the app on my phone.

Subsequently, putting my phone (on which I’d usually pause) down to pick up a remote to do the same thing is counterintuitive.

But I appreciate others may have different habits. If you don’t listen on your phone a lot, and are used to a traditional CD player, or whatever, the remote is going to be pretty automatic, I suppose.

I think maybe part of this is that I hold my phone in my hand while listening.

So pressing pause on the Amazon Music app is second nature, especially as I do a lot of mobile listening using the app on my phone.

Subsequently, putting my phone (on which I’d usually pause) down to pick up a remote to do the same thing is counterintuitive.

But I appreciate others may have different habits. If you don’t listen on your phone a lot, and are used to a traditional CD player, or whatever, the remote is going to be pretty automatic, I suppose.
I tend to set a playlist on my phone for the WiiM. Then put my phone down on a side table next to my listening chair, and relax to take in the music. In this scenario, the remote is quicker than unlocking my phone, opening the app and pausing.

I tend to set a playlist on my phone for the WiiM. Then put my phone down on a side table next to my listening chair, and relax to take in the music. In this scenario, the remote is quicker than unlocking my phone, opening the app and pausing.

For me (iPhone) I unlock the screen just by looking at the phone, and I leave the app open anyway.

Does the music continue playing if you close the app?

For me (iPhone) I unlock the screen just by looking at the phone, and I leave the app open anyway.

Does the music continue playing if you close the app?
With tidal connect it keeps playing even if I turn my phone off. It seems to just transmit the playlist to the WiiM and let it do its thing.

It’s not the same as casting it appears.

In the 90s I had a vcr where one set the timers using a screen on the remote then pressed “transfer” to send them to the vcr. This seems to be a similar approach

Back