Can we have some updates?

Steve Woodhouse

Major Contributor
Hi @WiiM Support , I’m itching for some more information.

For my new set up I may end up with the WiiM Amp, or a Pro/Pro Plus, or waiting for the Ultra, also possibly a new amp, or sticking with my old one.

Currently I’m unable to progress. I don’t know which particular combination I’m going to end up with.

To take the next step(s) I really need to know:

1 - When the Ultra is coming, and full specs
2 - If and when more bands of PEQ are going to arrive, and if so, on which model(s)
3 - As per number 2, but room correction
4 - If there’s definitely going to be a subwoofer out function added to the three existing streamers, if so which one(s), and when is this likely to happen. And what format will this take.

Just me being hugely impatient. 🤣

Many thanks.

1. WiiM tend not to release full specs until the product is ready for release - indeed, when I got a pre-production Pro Plus to try, they wouldn't even tell me what DAC it had until I'd tried it out for a couple of weeks. If memory serves me, the Pro came out around Dec'22, the Pro Plus in Aug '23, the Amp Dec'23/Jan '24. The Ultra has been mooted for Q2 '24, so I'd expect it between Apr-Jun unless they feel they need to update their QC and pre-production testing in light of issues with early revisions of the Pro Plus and Amp which might push it into Q3. Release dates seem to be close to actual release, which again has slipped in terms of actually getting to Amazon and other retailers.

2. It's been mooted that there will be more PEQ bands but I don't recall a date, and I'd expect it on all models bar the Mini due to its lower capacity/power

3. Room Correction Beta has been mooted by the end of this month

4. Other than John Darko mentioning this (and listening to that it sounded as if it might be implemented in a group e.g. one device doing the main signal and a second device taking on the sub role), and several mentions from WiiM that engineering would consider using the analog out as sub, there's been nothing definite.

WiiM have also said they'd resurrect their roadmaps this year at some time. The problem with them publishing that before was that some users took the target dates as firm release dates which then weren't met and caused disappointment. Also items would appear on one version only to disappear, never to return. I hope any roadmap will be clear as to whether the items are under consideration, have been accepted/rejected, put in the development plan, being developed, tested etc etc.

I think what long term users have realised that with WiiM you often have to be hugely patient :)

Thanks for the excellent reply.

At the moment the WiiM Amp is the only device they’re selling with a sub out.

Now, coupled to room correction - and I’m thinking about delay, etc. to integrate sub and mains properly - then the Amp is an end-game product for me.

However, we’re still waiting for a fully tested review from Amir at Audio Science Review, to see how the DAC and amplification sections stack up.

It could turn out to be a Pro Plus + Fosi Audio V3, which would be fantastic. It could be a Mini + Arylic BP50, which would be…less than fantastic.

Thanks for the excellent reply.

At the moment the WiiM Amp is the only device they’re selling with a sub out.

Now, coupled to room correction - and I’m thinking about delay, etc. to integrate sub and mains properly - then the Amp is an end-game product for me.

However, we’re still waiting for a fully tested review from Amir at Audio Science Review, to see how the DAC and amplification sections stack up.

It could turn out to be a Pro Plus + Fosi Audio V3, which would be fantastic. It could be a Mini + Arylic BP50, which would be…less than fantastic.
full of classic mini systems offer sub outputs ( and cd tuner ...) .. still possible to put a mini wiim for streaming with toslink etc.. the amp is just a minimalist mini system only streaming....

full of classic mini systems offer sub outputs ( and cd tuner ...) .. still possible to put a mini wiim for streaming with toslink etc.. the amp is just a minimalist mini system only streaming....

Yes, I have a Denon UD M30.

But no room correction and no high pass filter for the mains.

Yes, I have a Denon UD M30.

But no room correction and no high pass filter for the mains.
room correction, it's not there yet...
the peq is available on streamers alone (it's still possible to put a pro and not a mini) and the sub functions are very minimalist for the moment ...
(in general we use the drop-slope of the speakers and the typical settings of subwoofer, see the use of dedicated DSP processing now very accessible...)

my point is in reaction to the rather eccentric dithyrambs of a device which would be "revolutionary"..

Last edited:
room correction, it's not there yet...
the peq is available on streamers alone (it's still possible to put a pro and not a mini) and the sub functions are very minimalist for the moment ...
(in general we use the drop-slope of the speakers and the typical settings of subwoofer, see the use of dedicated DSP processing now very accessible...)

my point is in reaction to the rather eccentric dithyrambs of a device which would be "revolutionary"..

Erm…quite!

Back