What will the ‘other’ new WiiM be this May?

If it s a WiiM Amp Pro, or some sort of power amp, or some sort of headphone amp, I think everyone here will be excited.

Bit of a long shot: Since many people love external DACs, could WiiM be making a DAC that's just a DAC as the other product?

Bit of a long shot: Since many people love external DACs, could WiiM be making a DAC that's just a DAC as the other product?
While they could, would it not make more sense to make the streamer only part first?
A DAC only wouldn't push people into their app.

Comparisons with Sonos have been a regular feature in WiiM reviews, and Sonos’ market is lucrative, to be sure.
You'd need a product that can outcompete Sonos though, and a single speaker wouldn't do that.
Not to mention you'd need it to be good enough to convert people already invested into Sonos.

You'd need a product that can outcompete Sonos though, and a single speaker wouldn't do that.
Sonos has been teasing a headphone for some time now. Rumored to be released in June. A similar Wiim product to compete for market share?
Not to mention you'd need it to be good enough to convert people already invested into Sonos.
I wouldn't say I'm "converted", but I have both and they coexist without difficulty.

WIIM active wireless speakers speakers, to undercut Sonos
Right now, the lack of compatible active speakers is a real hole in the Wiim lineup and a blocker for me recommending Wiim over Sonos for anyone who needs a mix of built-in and standalone speakers for whole house audio.

Right now, the lack of compatible active speakers is a real hole in the Wiim lineup and a blocker for me recommending Wiim over Sonos for anyone who needs a mix of built-in and standalone speakers for whole house audio.
Something like a Wiim branded version of this ?

Something like a Wiim branded version of this ?

Linkplay have a long history of similar products - they are a systems integrator using modules they manufacture in a wide variety of devices. It doesn’t necessarily follow that what they do for other vendors they’ll do for WiiM devices.

Edit: see the list of devices here with Linkplay modules https://www.linkplay.com/products-powered-by-linkplay

Last edited:
Sonos has been teasing a headphone for some time now. Rumored to be released in June. A similar Wiim product to compete for market share?

I wouldn't say I'm "converted", but I have both and they coexist without difficulty.
Integrate both via LMS (Lyrion) - excellent combination!

Back