WiiM Ultra

Updated on 4/19/2024

Hi Team,

We're excited to give you a sneak peek at the WiiM Ultra, your future go-to digital hub for all things music! We're putting the final touches on this innovative product and are on track for a Q2 release. Stay tuned for more updates as we gear up for launch!

1713556429155.png
1713556558651.png

Original message by Brantome:
As mentioned in a user reply from the WiiM/Linkplay CEO on the WiiM Fan Page on Facebook, WiiM are developing a new device called the WiiM Ultra which will have a screen, aluminium case and USB audio output. It should be available Q2 2024, so a good five to six months away.

Guess @Smartplug is due a prize (e.g. I'll lay off gently ribbing them about their constant 'when' questions) as I think they first suggested that name a while ago ;):ROFLMAO:

That's the entirety of the information I have, but WiiM do say they'll release more details in due course.

Last edited:
There’s so many users here that has so many time on their hands commenting here like there’s no tomorrow. This person might be retired, disable, collecting government check or must be tired of living.

@Smartplug
I feel like living here 😂 but that has a background. And quite often I want to bring a little bit more realism against the swirling nonsense. May be that is nonsense from me. But everyone is free to ignore. Simply a click on the avatar and then the button is easy to find 😉

Last edited:
When someone has so many time on their hand all they do comment just about everything they find with either make sense or not. Some comments are not relevant to topic and often times the header takes u turn. I did not mention a user name but someone reacted so to say it’s true you are what you eat.

When someone has so many time on their hand all they do comment just about everything they find with either make sense or not. Some comments are not relevant to topic and often times the header takes u turn. I did not mention a user name but someone reacted so to say it’s true you are what you eat.
Add them to your ignore list. I suspect that they are already on my ignore list.

I believe that the screen is the last item that should be added. To control it you either use a phone or a tablet or your PC. Chances are that all the aforementioned controllers have a better screen quality than the one that could be added at a reasonable cost. Room correction +, connectivity +, fancy aluminum case -! Most people have no idea what the streaming (unless on a phone) is and I really do not need to impress anybody as long as I like the price, sound, the features and the long term quality. There is a number of DACs with a super duper measurement results but some are not very reliable. Charge a few more $ and make them last!

My personal hopes for new Ultra :
- DSD compliance up to dsd256 with ability to decode iso. files
- internal SSD capability
No need for internal dac.

Back