Room correction with WiiM Amp

noise

I just finished using REW with calibrated microphone (umik-1) to perform room corrections for my 2.1 system. I was able to figure out relative subwoofer volume, best cross over point and generated 4 PEQ correction to flatten the response. Doing this with the app was super easy - I only wish there were more PEQ points. Can I hear the difference after the correction? No. Was it fun? Absolutely :)

Can I hear the difference after the correction? No.
That doesn't make sense. If you made changes to the audio equalization, the original signal and the adjusted signal *should* sound different.

There is a general discussion that some say a system adjusted to taste can sound better then one adjusted flat, others think the opposite. I lean toward liking a system adjusted to taste.

I also want to try REW. Did you listen to some of your favorite tracks that show off your system with and without the EQ changes? I assume you know what you are doing and I am very interested. Starting with a flat curve makes sense as a starting or landing point. What is important is the sound and if you are happy.

I cannot rule out I messed something up. I did skip sound card calibration. I did measurements and the changes I made on WiiM Amp did impact the measurements. Estimated PEQ parameters made the predicted impact on the frequency spectrum.

The thing is that I personally cannot really hear the difference. But it could be just me.

Would be happy to beta test the upcoming WiiM room correction to see if it works better.

Is Wiim room correction upcoming??

Is this room correction feature only for the wiim amp? In case it is also applied for wiim pro/plus will it be a proprietary software that requires no additional charge?

Back