Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

What you think is irrelevant if you don’t have evidence to prove your point.
indeed....,
but I didn't say anything(, more in the sense of a question ) ..
does this really ever happen to you? :cool:
ok
(the vague just notes that in both cases...two distinct channels to deal with...but I know nothing about it in fact and recognize it without worries.. ;-) )

Suggest two EQ presets, as I have two pairs of speakers (Celestion A1 compact and A3) from the same av pre, so would be useful to measure for each pair, then use that EQ profile for that specific pair and easily switch from one to the other.

View attachment 7141

So, 20 presets should be sufficient, right?

😁
I raised a ticket complaining that it only allowed four sets of saved settings, so that would have been exhausted immediately if you wanted to save settings per input. Guess 20 is an arbitrarily higher number to give you a bit of flexibility - whether you’d actually want to save twenty different sets of settings is another matter ;)

I raised a ticket complaining that it only allowed four sets of saved settings, so that would have been exhausted immediately if you wanted to save settings per input. Guess 20 is an arbitrarily higher number to give you a bit of flexibility - whether you’d actually want to save twenty different sets of settings is another matter ;)
I did notice this discussion and I like the result. However, I still think there's room for improvement.

While technically all of them employ EQ as the technical solution, there are at least three different areas of concern one might want to address.
  1. Correct for minor shortcomings in the FR of your speakers, irrespective of the room or the rooms you plan to use them in.
  2. Personal sound preference, either in general or maybe even tied to certain sources or a certain programme material. This is independent of the speakers and also applies if not listening through speakers at all, but e.g. headphones.
  3. Room correction. Must not be applied when using headphones or just streaming to a different room, but is use
So, instead of having to merge all three into one setting it would be far more convenient to keep them separated. Hint: Yes, that's the way Lyngdorf does it.

Having e.g. an "action movie" voicing and a "spoken word" voicing (sorry, voicing is Lyngdorf slang, again) should not make me lose RC (or having to manually summarise those EQ settings).

Having e.g. an "action movie" voicing and a "spoken word" voicing (sorry, voicing is Lyngdorf slang, again) should not make me lose RC (or having to manually summarise those EQ settings).
I think that’s how WiiM have said they’d like it to work - individual GEQ (not PEQ) while RC is active. It currently doesn’t work that way (unless it’s been changed very recently) - GEQ(EQ) and RC/PEQ are exclusive

I think that’s how WiiM have said they’d like it to work - individual GEQ (not PEQ) while RC is active. It currently doesn’t work that way (unless it’s been changed very recently) - GEQ(EQ) and RC/PEQ are exclusive
That'd be a vast improvement, indeed (even if doing it all with PEQ was even better in my book).

Here’s the link, but as I say that’s not how it currently works for me

Post in thread 'Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/...d-amp-user-testing-experience.3138/post-44568
Did wiim said that they will release third firmware this week? It was mentioned last week. First firmware was an improvement on sound quality than having it off. The second firmware cut too many highs made sound muffled and no sparkling.

Did wiim said that they will release third firmware this week? It was mentioned last week. First firmware was an improvement on sound quality than having it off. The second firmware cut too many highs made sound muffled and no sparkling.
Yeah, that’s what I took from their comment.

I've made few quick tests to verify how 10band PEQ works in the digital domain. It's fully transparent as long as all filters have 0 dB gain. Filters of the same type but paired with gain - negative gain of the same absolute value, are increasing distortions slightly.
And I got a situation twice when disabling the filter didn't prevent it from working. Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce it any longer.

Last edited:
I've made few quick tests to verify how 10band PEQ works in the digital domain. It's fully transparent as long as all filters have 0 dB gain. Filters of the same type but paired with gain - negative gain of the same absolute value, are increasing distortions slightly.
And I got a situation twice when disabling the filter didn't prevent it from working. Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce it any longer.
It appears to be a known issue that filters can only be disabled when gain is set to zero. Disabling them otherwise has strange effects.

ap32, or more, or nid? 48 or 96k/24?
;-)

Last edited:

How did you measure that?

Back