Beta Test for WiiM Pro - PEQ, Squeezelite Client and Airplay Transmitter (Cast to Homepod, Sonos and other AirPlay speakers)

Hi,

We're looking for WiiM Pro owners who would like to beta-test our next firmware update which will include the following new features:
  • PEQ
  • Squeezelite Client
  • Airplay Transmitter (Cast to HomePod, Sonos and other AirPlay/AirPlay 2 speakers)

If you're interested please fill out this form and we'll email you when your device has been whitelisted with the beta firmware.

Thanks!
WiiM Team

Last edited:
I noticed a new setting - "Volume limit", expressed in percentages up to 100%. Affects also max fixed volume. Can be useful when the WiiM is connected directly to the power amp.

Is it still possible to sign up for the Squeezelite client beta?
It’s not been released yet, but try dropping them a request via the feedback section in the Wiim home app and ask there. That way they’ll get your device/app logs and be able to see your MAC address which they’ll need.

@WiiM Team Are we still on track for getting the Squeezelite Client by 8/17?
Been mentioned earlier that the beta should be released in a few days (confirmed by WiiM in a response to a related ticket I had submitted) , and I'd expect at least a couple of weeks beta testing before it goes public

Last edited:
Just saw the airplay cast update post for the WiiM Pro…. Is the WiiM Pro Plus firmware upgrade coming very soon?

If a genuine squeezelite android app is used, it should have adjustable parameters available to it
That’s irrelevant. The WiiM Squeezelite client needs to be a true implementation.
But out of interest which Squeezelite android app are you referring to?

That’s irrelevant. The WiiM Squeezelite client needs to be a true implementation.
But out of interest which Squeezelite android app are you referring to?
Am I correct in assuming all Squeezelite compatibility will give us is the ability to dispense with the UPNPBridge plugin and just see our WiiM devices as players? I’m not expecting anything more nor any changes to the WiiM Home app to enable it, just like Roon Ready was.

Am I correct in assuming all Squeezelite compatibility will give us is the ability to dispense with the UPNPBridge plugin and just see our WiiM devices as players? I’m not expecting anything more nor any changes to the WiiM Home app to enable it, just like Roon Ready was.
Yes I would think the idea is exactly that. I don't see a need to have anything else as far as Squeezelite is concerned. I know picoreplayer has a settings page for Squeezelite (that I've never needed) so there may be a need for that but I'm not sure what that need is. Maybe the ability to start/stop/ restart Squeezelite in the Wiim app???

Yes I would think the idea is exactly that. I don't see a need to have anything else as far as Squeezelite is concerned. I know picoreplayer has a settings page for Squeezelite (that I've never needed) so there may be a need for that but I'm not sure what that need is. Maybe the ability to start/stop/ restart Squeezelite in the Wiim app???
I’d imagine I’d do all the changes I might need under the Player menu in LMS itself, in my case using the Material skin.

It should be very similar to Roon. Set and forget.
In terms of what it brings over and above the UPnPBridge. The main thing is Player sync with other native SB players and instances of Squeezelite but it will also allow Smart Crossfade and Smart Gain - both applied through Player Settings in LMS.
Smart Crossfade means crossfade all tracks in a playlist except when they are from the same album. I use this for my DSTM listening.
Smart Gain means apply Track Gain to individual tracks in a playlist but apply Album Gain if listening to an Album. Tags permitting.

DSTM = Don’t stop the music

I’d imagine I’d do all the changes I might need under the Player menu in LMS itself, in my case using the Material skin.
Same. In the 8 or more years of using it I have had to restart Squeezelite in the picoreplayer using it's restart Squeezelite function maybe once or twice but a complete reboot would have fixed that I'm sure. I say Keep it simple.

Same. In the 8 or more years of using it I have had to restart Squeezelite in the picoreplayer using it's restart Squeezelite function maybe once or twice but a complete reboot would have fixed that I'm sure. I say Keep it simple.
I’ve never enabled Squeezelite on piCorePlayer - rightly or wrongly I thought you just enabled that if you wanted your Pi as a player itself rather than just being the LMS server.

I’ve never enabled Squeezelite on piCorePlayer - rightly or wrongly I thought you just enabled that if you wanted your Pi as a player itself rather than just being the LMS server.
You are correct

The point is Squeezelite just works whatever platform it’s running on. That said there was a memory leak in the Windows version but that was fixed years ago.

Back