Beta Test for WiiM Pro - PEQ, Squeezelite Client and Airplay Transmitter (Cast to Homepod, Sonos and other AirPlay speakers)

Hi,

We're looking for WiiM Pro owners who would like to beta-test our next firmware update which will include the following new features:
  • PEQ
  • Squeezelite Client
  • Airplay Transmitter (Cast to HomePod, Sonos and other AirPlay/AirPlay 2 speakers)

If you're interested please fill out this form and we'll email you when your device has been whitelisted with the beta firmware.

Thanks!
WiiM Team

Last edited:
I’ve never enabled Squeezelite on piCorePlayer - rightly or wrongly I thought you just enabled that if you wanted your Pi as a player itself rather than just being the LMS server.
You are right, enable it and then just rock n' roll. I only brought these settings up because of the question of any additions to the Wiim app being needed or not. I was just saying that there are several options available on the picoreplayer for Squeezelite. I don't use them but they are there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230815-162730.png
    Screenshot_20230815-162730.png
    574.4 KB · Views: 18
For clarification, I don't think Wiim should bother with adding this functionality to their app. I do think the ability to enable or disable Squeezelite may be some use for others but idk.

Well, it was fun using Squeezelite's shared memory capability to emulate an RME's spectrum display. ;) If WiiM ever adds a display down the road, this would be a nice addition.

d21qMsRdRq6iSK3gCtblgQ.jpg

Been mentioned earlier that the beta should be released in a few days (confirmed by WiiM in a response to a related ticket I had submitted) , and I'd expect at least a couple of weeks beta testing before it goes public
They told me to expect the beta by the end of the month.

From a reply on Dun 13th: “Regarding the Squeezelite feature, we are testing it and plan to release the beta firmware for Squeeze this week.”
14th of August: "We're excited to inform you that the Native squeezelite beta is expected by the end of this month. Please stay tuned!"
@WiiM Team?

14th of August: "We're excited to inform you that the Native squeezelite beta is expected by the end of this month. Please stay tuned!"
@WiiM Team?
Maybe semantics - I’m expecting those who signed up for the beta test firmware to get it this week and after a couple of weeks of testing, for there to be a public release. Like the Tidal MQA feature was for a few months, that Squeezelite feature might be termed beta as well??

Maybe semantics - I’m expecting those who signed up for the beta test firmware to get it this week and after a couple of weeks of testing, for there to be a public release. Like the Tidal MQA feature was for a few months, that Squeezelite feature might be termed beta as well??
Kind of a beta feature available for public FWs after close beta testing is finished, that's how I would interpret it.

Hi,

We're looking for WiiM Pro owners who would like to beta-test our next firmware update which will include the following new features:
  • PEQ
  • Squeezelite Client
  • Airplay Transmitter (Cast to HomePod, Sonos and other AirPlay/AirPlay 2 speakers)

If you're interested please fill out this form and we'll email you when your device has been whitelisted with the beta firmware.

Thanks!
WiiM Team
I only have a mini . Guess I'm out of luck for using Squeezelite?

Thanks - I'll open up the Beta testing thread for it. Got it too but didn't get the rocket nor can I see anything in the app. Off to check LMS now...

No way of getting access anymore I'm guessing? I asked in a ticket but they just told me it'd be available end of the month.

Back