PEQ Beta - Testing Experience

Brantome

Please use this thread only to discuss your personal experience with the testing of the PEQ feature and the beta firmware you requested. This thread should not replace submitting tickets as that route provides WiiM support with the necessary device and app logs to diagnose and hopefully fix any issues.

From what WiiM have already posted:

“For those testing please see the tutorial below
We appreciate your ongoing participation as a Beta tester.

The PEQ firmware will be released early next week.

If you encounter any issues during the update process or while using this function, please do not hesitate to contact us. Your feedback is invaluable to us.

Thank you for your continued support and contribution to our Beta testing program!”

Last edited:
Can filter, freq and gain be adjusted?
In this version of the Parametric Equalizer (PEQ), bands 1 and 4 utilize the Low Shelf (LS) and High Shelf (HS) filters, respectively. Meanwhile, bands 2 and 3 employ the Peak (PK) filter.

Center freq, gain and Q values can be adjusted. The details are here.

In this version of the Parametric Equalizer (PEQ), bands 1 and 4 utilize the Low Shelf (LS) and High Shelf (HS) filters, respectively. Meanwhile, bands 2 and 3 employ the Peak (PK) filter.

Center freq, gain and Q values can be adjusted. The details are here.
I understood that I could not change the filter.

1LS, 4HS sounds noisy.
1LS can hear noise up to near the cut frequency.

They are whistling sounds or 2~3 consecutive clicks. We wait for @onlyoneme measurements for details.

I understood that I could not change the filter.

1LS, 4HS sounds noisy.
1LS can hear noise up to near the cut frequency.

They are whistling sounds or 2~3 consecutive clicks. We wait for @onlyoneme measurements for details.
Thank you for your swift feedback. Our team is currently working to replicate the issue in our lab.

I submitted a ticket and reported some bugs to the WiiM team.

Unable to delete saved PEQ (can be deleted by renaming)

The reset doesn't seem to be working well. After saving some PEQs, pressing the reset button cannot return to the initial value (flat).

Received PEQ firmware today. Quick question:

Filter 1 & 4 are set to high & low shelf so there are only two peak filters I can use.

Is there any way to use the four filters as peak filters?

I need to address room nodes and the more peak filters I can use for this the better.

Unfortunately the current PEQ capabilities do not solve my issues.

Received PEQ firmware today. Quick question:

Filter 1 & 4 are set to high & low shelf so there are only two peak filters I can use.

Is there any way to use the four filters as peak filters?

I need to address room nodes and the more peak filters I can use for this the better.

Unfortunately the current PEQ capabilities do not solve my issues.
As the team mentioned earlier, each filter is fixed. However, the team said, "In this version of ~". In other words, I think it may be possible to switch filters in the future (or increase the number of bands).

@WiiM Support , @WiiM Team ,

Sorry for the confusion.
The two tracks I saw noise on Amazon Music are.

https://music.amazon.co.jp/albums/B...F&do=play&ref=dm_sh_pNMTYZV0YhaqA1b0wG6OwqsQ1

https://music.amazon.co.jp/albums/B...Z&do=play&ref=dm_sh_EUZXXDAbrF81iK6YOkqQZuWmp

I played the downloaded sweep instrument on my Android phone and I don't hear any noise. These noises may have been amplified by some reason from the noise originally contained in the AMU track. (GEQ doesn't make noise.)

I hope you can check it.

As the team mentioned earlier, each filter is fixed. However, the team said, "In this version of ~". In other words, I think it may be possible to switch filters in the future (or increase the number of bands).
Yeah, think they’ve said that (or similar) elsewhere. The more testing and feedback they get, the better the chance they’ll appear in later revisions of the feature.

I don’t know if I’ll get this beta as I have the airplay cast one (and not sure if the betas are for the Pro Plus and just the Pro), but looking forward to getting a hold of this - and the Squeezelite client as LMS is taking over most of my daily use of my Pro Plus.

Yeah, think they’ve said that (or similar) elsewhere. The more testing and feedback they get, the better the chance they’ll appear in later revisions of the feature.

I don’t know if I’ll get this beta as I have the airplay cast one (and not sure if the betas are for the Pro Plus and just the Pro), but looking forward to getting a hold of this - and the Squeezelite client as LMS is taking over most of my daily use of my Pro Plus.
Testing this PEQ is very challenging for me.
Your test is necessary!😭😭😭

I just received 4.8.525960 firmware, and it includes PEQ with 4 bands, one low-shelf, one high-shelf and two peak with adjustable Q. Seems the Q is adjustable for the shelf-bands also, but I don't seem to hear any effect, but I am also on very low volume right now. Will test more next week. Android user on a Wiim Pro based in Europe (Denmark), btw.

As for now, it's a good start. Some of the features, I would appreciate the absolute most, if added, are:
- Option to separate right and left channels (maybe just for some of the bands)
- Option to choose type of EQ (PK, LS, HS e.g.)
- Option to use keyboard to type in frequency and gain values (seems like they can only change by touch-dragging on the graphical display, which can be unprecise)
- More EQ's, but maybe that's coming up :)

Other features I've requested the past week are, maybe others than me also would like these?
- Option to adjust separate gain on each input (e.g. different gain on optical vs. streaming)
- Option to assign a specific input to preset (e.g. press 1 for optical input)
- Option to rename inputs and skip unused inputs (e.g. optical is named "TV", and analog input is skipped when using the input-button on the remote)

That's it for now. Have fun!

Any idea how long this will be in beta, before everyone gets it?

Not wanting a commitment to an exact date, just a rough ballpark estimate.
Hi Steve,

If the Beta testing proceeds smoothly, we aim to officially launch this version by the end of August. We will not stop there, though; our ongoing improvements will include expanding the number of bands and enabling independent channel Parametric Equalization (PEQ). Thank you for your support!

@WiiM Support would it be possible to add a pre-amp gain function to the PEQ in the future?
I've just received firmware update 4.8.525960 and enjoying testing out the facilities, thanks for the update :)
Hi Joffy1780,

Thank you for suggesting this feature. I'll discuss it with our product team. Could you provide any specific recommendations regarding the range for this pre-amplifier gain?

I just received 4.8.525960 firmware, and it includes PEQ with 4 bands, one low-shelf, one high-shelf and two peak with adjustable Q. Seems the Q is adjustable for the shelf-bands also, but I don't seem to hear any effect, but I am also on very low volume right now. Will test more next week. Android user on a Wiim Pro based in Europe (Denmark), btw.

As for now, it's a good start. Some of the features, I would appreciate the absolute most, if added, are:
- Option to separate right and left channels (maybe just for some of the bands)
- Option to choose type of EQ (PK, LS, HS e.g.)
- Option to use keyboard to type in frequency and gain values (seems like they can only change by touch-dragging on the graphical display, which can be unprecise)
- More EQ's, but maybe that's coming up :)

Other features I've requested the past week are, maybe others than me also would like these?
- Option to adjust separate gain on each input (e.g. different gain on optical vs. streaming)
- Option to assign a specific input to preset (e.g. press 1 for optical input)
- Option to rename inputs and skip unused inputs (e.g. optical is named "TV", and analog input is skipped when using the input-button on the remote)

That's it for now. Have fun!
Hi lassehoej,

Thank you for your suggestions which are super helpful. Our product team will consider this in our future improvements.

Back