Beta Test: Room Correction for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus, Amp

Hi all, I haven't been able to sleep lately because I've been thinking about room correction all the time, so please forgive me for chatting.

If the two built-in microphones of the WiiM are used for WRC (WiiM Room Correction), will it be possible to measure the size of the room and the relative position of the speakers more accurately? 🤔
(I mean, walk around the room like crazy with WiiM remote in my hand.)

The Sony HT-A9, for example, uses microphones built into four speakers to measure space.

I hope (i) you gave the choice of both automatic and manual, and (ii) you have the choice to do it automatically, but then get a full view of the results, so you can ‘nick’ from it and do a bit of DIY, based on what the WiiM has learned.

Hi all, I haven't been able to sleep lately because I've been thinking about room correction all the time, so please forgive me for chatting.

If the two built-in microphones of the WiiM are used for WRC (WiiM Room Correction), will it be possible to measure the size of the room and the relative position of the speakers more accurately? 🤔
(I mean, walk around the room like crazy with WiiM remote in my hand.)

The Sony HT-A9, for example, uses microphones built into four speakers to measure space.
That’s make us two!! 😂

Wilmer from Japan can’t sleep now. I agree with him room correction maybe best feature since the slice of bread.

Where in the WiiM app do I configure room correction? I have downloaded the beta through TestFlight but can’t seem to find room correction anywhere. Nor device settings, as I have read should be the place. Please help ✌🏼

Where in the WiiM app do I configure room correction? I have downloaded the beta through TestFlight but can’t seem to find room correction anywhere. Nor device settings, as I have read should be the place. Please help ✌🏼
Did you do the firmware update as well, when prompted?

Did you sign up for the beta firmware or are you just following the link to the beta app?

Did you sign up for the beta firmware or are you just following the link to the beta app?
Just following links but maybe I have to wait for an invite? Seems like I am still on an old version though updated through TestFlight. 4.8.6111.37

Just following links but maybe I have to wait for an invite? Seems like I am still on an old version though updated through TestFlight. 4.8.6111.37
This is a closed beta program, so far. If you didn't submit your MAC address to WiiM through their online form and received confirmation from them, then you are not on this program. :)

The request to join the beta test program is in the first post in this thread. If you haven’t done that, then you wouldn’t have been sent an invite - I don’t know if the program is open to new applicants, but you can try it. If you have already done that, then WiiM are either working their way thru the applications or have enough people on board.

Waiting for beta firmware… 🙏🏻 Anyone has a clue how to get the beta app on Testflight?

Waiting for beta firmware… 🙏🏻 Anyone has a clue how to get the beta app on Testflight?
If you have managed to get a response inviting you on to the beta, the link is there as well as on the user testing thread but there’s no point in getting the beta app if you don’t have the beta firmware.

The app from the App Store now has the latest room correction UI, more recent than the TestFlight version. I removed the TestFlight version, and use the regular updated app. Indicates they're VERY close to releasing this in the wild.

Back