WiiM Pro: Squeezelite Client Beta - Testing Experience

Brantome

Please use this thread only to discuss your personal experience with the testing of the Squeezelite Client feature and the beta firmware you requested. This thread should not replace submitting tickets as that route provides WiiM support with the necessary device and app logs to diagnose and hopefully fix any issues.

From what WiiM have already posted:

"We appreciate your ongoing participation as a Beta tester.

If you encounter any issues during the update process or while using this function, please do not hesitate to contact us. Your feedback is invaluable to us.

Thank you for your continued support and contribution to our Beta testing program!"

** 4.8.526553 Squeezelite beta FW released 18Aug23 **

[Latest update on Squeezelite development, 24Aug23]

Dear Team,

I am happy to inform you that we have fixed all reported issues by our Beta users and will release Beta 2 later today. It includes the following fixes:
  • Unable to do source switching between squeezelite and CAST
  • Incorrect metadata display for squeezelite on the WiiM Home App
  • Incorrect playback status for Squeezelite on the WiiM Home App
  • Incorrect sample rate for squeezelite
Thank you all once again for your invaluable feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been using Moode on my Pi’s while I’ve been waiting and hoping for native WiiM squeezelite. In Moode’s case you can “turn off” the player in the LMS interface to release control back to the other Moode functions. I wonder if you can turn off a WiiM squeezelite player to make other source selections less flaky? Looking forward to release… do you think I should ask @Brantome if there’s no chance they’re releasing it for the Mini?🤣 The Mini fits on the base of my iPad docking station which is hooked up via USB-c for hi res Apple Music (oh, and a display screen for the WiiM).
Been mentioned a few times that they hope to bring Squeezelite and PEQ to the mini :)

Everything from the LMS side appears to be working perfectly for me. One thing I just noticed though was after I stopped playback in LMS (material skin) that it still showed as playing in the Wiim app. The progress bar is in a loop repeating from 00:00 to about 00:04.

Everything from the LMS side appears to be working perfectly for me. One thing I just noticed though was after I stopped playback in LMS (material skin) that it still showed as playing in the Wiim app. The progress bar is in a loop repeating from 00:00 to about 00:04.
Yeah, it’s looking good. Please submit a ticket so WiiM can fix the app issue :)

I haven't requested the beta but it's looking good so far!

Has anyone tried a short track gapless test? I know short tracks were another problem of the UPnP Bridge.

The attached zip file contains tracks 5 seconds in length of a single tone, so reduce the volume a little before playing.

Attachments

• 5SecondGaplessTest.zip
    967.6 KB · Views: 1
I didn't realize I had a Wiim app update available. Once I updated that and tested I no longer get the looping stop issue. And standby is now working so this is a non issue.

Strike that. It's doing it again.

Based on my investigation, this squeezelite functionality is a game changer

I get no unwanted sample rate conversion, bit perfect-ness and ability to upsample source material with LMS

Bravo, Wiim Team

PS: I am hopeful that pro plus will be dsd compatible

From an LMS persepective I can't find anything wrong with this at all. I can see that swapping between sources inside WHA is flaky and that the fact controls are greyed out in the WHA is a bit confusing but all in all its good. If you are going to use with LMS you are not going to control with the WHA and very unlikely to change source.

Unless you also use Amazon Music in which case you will be most definitely changing sources and using WHA.

I just noticed that the squeezelite beta version I have doesn't have the PEQ that the latest couple betas did
But I wasn't using either EQ anyway
I am definitely using the squeezelite functionality, and will not use it any other way
Actually, I just realized I am using Spotify right now because I was doing some yard work but coming back to the back where the music is playing sometimes

No combined PEQ + squeezelite FW available yet obviously.
I just noticed that the squeezelite beta version I have doesn't have the PEQ that the latest couple betas did
But I wasn't using either EQ anyway
I am definitely using the squeezelite functionality, and will not use it any other way
Actually, I just realized I am using Spotify right now because I was doing some yard work but coming back to the back where the music is playing sometimes
No combined PEQ + squeezelite FW available yet obviously.

Surely you'd just use alexacast from the amazon app; still no need to use WHA.
Unless you're in Poland or something!

Everyone but me uses the Alexa Multimedia VUI exclusively. I have found the Amazon Music app doesn't like to play well with this so use WHA myself mostly.

The problem I have with WHA is the way it integrates with my local library on my NAS. Both the Synology Media Server and DLNA leave much to be desired. Looking to move to LMS running on the NAS just for my local files really. Again, just me in the house who even has local files anymore.

Well, I ve had enough yard work but I am sipping Kool aid and grooving to the radio Paradise mellow mix whiile I psche myself in preparation to wash off the grime
I suppose I will still listen to some feeds without squeezelite, it works fine for outdoor line out work motivation music

Hey , I just noticed I'm a "senior member"
I'm only 22 years old!!

LoL

Last edited:
Unless you also use Amazon Music in which case you will be most definitely changing sources and using WHA.
Yes. That is the only service that WiiM has that LMS doesn’t but I did say that further up or maybe in a different thread

Back