Firmware v 4.6.514253

4.6.514253 (Latest)

Release date:

4 / 18 / 2023

This update involves the following:

• New Feature - Support dynamic track metadata information for Radio Paradise
  • New Feature - Support input source switch via Alexa
  • Improvement – Always connect to the latest one if the device has been paired with multiple Wi-Fi networks
  • Fixed - Unable to play music after playing an ad for Amazon Music Free
  • Fixed - Random crash issues for AirPlay 2 and TIDAL Connect
  • Fixed - Random crash issues for Amazon Alexa multi-room
  • Fixed - No sound issue with LinkPlay multiroom when using Bluetooth input
  • Fixed - Unable to play specific radio stations from TuneIn
  • Other bug fixes and performance improvements

I also wanna ask you do you think this empty space problem with servers is App related or device related?is it App needs to fix to send the correct names, or device must accept the file name with spaces and correct the file?Thanks
With the MinimServer problem, if I play through the app it's fine, but if I use a third party control point it fails, so that's defintely a renderer problem (firmware).
With KODI it's a problem both ways isn't it? There's defintely a firmware fix that's needed for the UPnP side of things, and given that I don't believe the WiiM app is using UPnP to "play to" the WiiM hardware I'd say there's almost certainly another fix required, probably firmware related but impossible to tell really.

If i use Bubbleupnp app streaming from Kodi server only work if i enable ffmpeg in Bubbleupnp app,Hificast app won't work with Kodi server,it will be nice if they fix somehow with App fix because in that situation a will use for all Linkplay device,if they fix only for Wimm i will stuck with other Linkplay device unfixed, already mentioned on Arylic forum that you find the problem with names on the file but they replay that no future plan for fixing the problem because Linkplay almost no support for a31 module,i didn't bother at all to explain them that this is problem also for newer module of Wimm device.Thank you.

If i use Bubbleupnp app streaming from Kodi server only work if i enable ffmpeg in Bubbleupnp app,Hificast app won't work with Kodi server
If you use BubbleUPnP Server to proxy your KODI instance, and then point your control point (be it BubbleUPnP or Hi-Fi Cast, basically anything but the WiiM app as it fails to see it for some reason) at the newly created UPnP server then it should work, as it just adds a compatibility layer to KODI (in short, the URLs sent to the WiiM don't have spaces).

Just heading into a meeting but will double check afterwards.

@WiiM Support , @WiiM Team - what is the format of the Alexa request for “Support input source switch via Alexa”? Thanks
Hi Brantome,

We'll have a short tutorial for this. Now, you can switch audio input using utterances such as "Alexa, switch the input to Aux-in", "Alexa, switch the input to Wi-Fi" or "Alexa, switch the input to Bluetooth" on the WiiM Mini. On the WiiM Pro, you can use "Alexa, switch the input to optical", "Alexa, switch the input to line in", "Alexa, switch the input to Wi-Fi" or "Alexa, switch the input to Bluetooth".

I hope it helps. Thank you!

Hi Brantome,

We'll have a short tutorial for this. Now, you can switch audio input using utterances such as "Alexa, switch the input to Aux-in", "Alexa, switch the input to Wi-Fi" or "Alexa, switch the input to Bluetooth" on the WiiM Mini. On the WiiM Pro, you can use "Alexa, switch the input to optical", "Alexa, switch the input to line in", "Alexa, switch the input to Wi-Fi" or "Alexa, switch the input to Bluetooth".

I hope it helps. Thank you!
I guess you'll need to specify which device you're referring to unless you're using the WiiM remote connected to a specific device?

You'll need to specify which device you're referring to unless you're using the WiiM remote connected to a specific device.
Hi Brantome, you are right that I tested these utterances with the WiiM remote. Thank you for pointing it out. With the Echo device, you need to specify the device name.

If i use Bubbleupnp app streaming from Kodi server only work if i enable ffmpeg in Bubbleupnp app,Hificast app won't work with Kodi server
If you use BubbleUPnP Server to proxy your KODI instance, and then point your control point (be it BubbleUPnP or Hi-Fi Cast, basically anything but the WiiM app as it fails to see it for some reason) at the newly created UPnP server then it should work, as it just adds a compatibility layer to KODI (in short, the URLs sent to the WiiM don't have spaces).

Just heading into a meeting but will double check afterwards.
If I use BubbleUPnP (control point) to browse the KODI UPnP server, KODI offers the source file (FLAC) as well as a tonne of other images, I assume which it collects as part of it's metadata scraping.
If I proxy KODI with BubbleUPnP Server, and then browse the KODI [proxy] server, it offers the FLAC, and then L16 and WAV transcoded versions too (for renderers that aren't compatible with FLAC).

The file doesn't play (as we know) from the KODI instance but it does from the KODI [proxy] instance.
I just tried with Hi-FI Cast too and it's fine.

Yes you'll still need the WiiM app to group/ungroup devices, but I wouldn't have thought that's a regular occurrence?
I don't think it's complicated but it can initially look a little overwhelming so here are my core config settings for BubbleUPnP.

Apologies if I've missed something.

Just regarding the first one on the list, on my mini it will only show the track and artist playing at the time of starting to play RP.
It doesn't update as the music changes but will if I close RP and open it again.
EDIT: OK scratch that it seems to be working fine now 👌

Last edited:
Just regarding the first one on the list, on my mini it will only show the track and artist playing at the time of starting to play RP.
It doesn't update as the music changes but will if I close RP and open it again.
EDIT: OK scratch that it seems to be working fine now 👌
I am curious. I only get the track name. Not artist. Which, in my humble opinion, is half a job. Artwork would be nice too…

My Pro app version says 2.4.5.230406.f59029
I think it's the same from it first updated when i got it. Should it have updated itself or do I need to do it somehow?

I think it's the same from it first updated when i got it. Should it have updated itself or do I need to do it somehow?
That looks like the latest Android version of the app from two weeks ago. If you have auto update enabled in the Play Store, it should update itself when a new version becomes available.

:unsure: :unsure:
Now I have lost all hope. With the @WiiMSupport you don't understand anything anymore.
What used to be an excellence has been thrown away.
I have your same version on Android, but 2.3…….on IOS
No new FW here

I am curious. I only get the track name. Not artist. Which, in my humble opinion, is half a job. Artwork would be nice too…
I've only been on 'world' but was definitely getting both last night I'll check again later.

:unsure: :unsure:
Now I have lost all hope. With the @WiiMSupport you don't understand anything anymore.
What used to be an excellence has been thrown away.
I have your same version on Android, but 2.3…….on IOS
No new FW here
The iOS app may have a different version number, but the date is only one day later than the Android version, so I don’t think the sky has fallen in ;)

@audiobliss only joined here a week after that, so I’d say they’re up to date with the app.

Yes, I got the Pro exactly two weeks now, and I am using a Android tablet. Don't remember if I have auto update enabled, so I will check.
Thanks.

CORRECTION,
As I just went searching to enable updates, which I haven't found, I realized that the version I posted earlier is the APP version, but under the settings in the devise tap,
Under speaker info, which I have come to understand that speaker is Chinese for whatever device they are referring to.
It says firmware version 4.8.513047. So I guess that's what it is.
Why can't they just combine the two settings pages ?

Back