Firmware 4.8.604350

Nice. Is it still bit perfect when using balance?

How could it possible still be bit perfect if one channel has been attenuated?
On amp it can be done on analog domain but for mini, pro and plus it’s done on digital in resulting not bit perfect if using digital out. I could be wrong someone need chime in to give us definitive answer.

On amp it can be done on analog domain but for mini, pro and plus it’s done on digital in resulting not bit perfect if using digital out. I could be wrong someone need chime in to give us definitive answer.
Hi Team,

When the volume balance is applied, it's not a bit-perfect output anymore.

The Qobuz autoplay support is particularly appreciated!

View attachment 4534
I'm delighted to hear that you're enjoying it! I'm eager to hear more about your experiences with this feature.
Exciting news: Auto-play functionality for TIDAL is on its way and is expected to be available by January 31st. Stay tuned for this update!

I'm delighted to hear that you're enjoying it! I'm eager to hear more about your experiences with this feature.
Exciting news: Auto-play functionality for TIDAL is on its way and is expected to be available by January 31st. Stay tuned for this update!
Is room correction, usb out still on January 31?

Why would one alter the balance?
If the listening room is not symmetrical, the left and right speakers may be unbalanced in the viewing position (center).

For example, if the right side is close to the wall, and the left side is a window.

If the listening room is not symmetrical, the left and right speakers may be unbalanced in the viewing position (center).

For example, if the right side is close to the wall, and the left side is a window.
Indeed - this is precisely why my speakers' toe in are different!

So far mostly so good, but I'm running the current Qobuz beta, so I'm perhaps not in the most stable environment. I've seen a couple of glitches, but haven't been able to reproduce them (yet).

Has Qobuz indicated whether they'll provide an API to integrate their Radio feature into third party apps like yours? OTOH, if they deliver on Connect, it certainly becomes less urgent for them.

I haven't heard any difference at sll in audio quality with Qobuz since the update. It's excellent as always. But then I'm using a downstream DAC in my signal chain, so YMMV.

I haven't heard any difference at sll in audio quality with Qobuz since the update. It's excellent as always. But then I'm using a downstream DAC in my signal chain, so YMMV.
I’m using chord qutest, it’s like somebody turn on my eq and took16k and turned it all the way down. I even tried my old but awesome Schiit Bifrost 2

So far mostly so good, but I'm running the current Qobuz beta, so I'm perhaps not in the most stable environment. I've seen a couple of glitches, but haven't been able to reproduce them (yet).

Has Qobuz indicated whether they'll provide an API to integrate their Radio feature into third party apps like yours? OTOH, if they deliver on Connect, it certainly becomes less urgent for them.
Hi Balthazar,

The track radio feature is on our to-do list. We plan to support it in February. Please stay tuned!

Is room correction, usb out still on January 31?
Hi Smartplug,

The Beta version of our USB out feature is set for release on January 31. As for the room correction functionality, our team is diligently working on it. We're aiming to release a Beta version of this feature around the same time. Stay tuned for these exciting updates!

Indeed - this is precisely why my speakers' toe in are different!
You could have a scenario where the left speaker is in a corner and the right speaker is in an open area with no wall. So the left speaker could have 3-5 db more gain. So balance to the right could help even that out. Toe in would not even that out as much as the use of a balance control, that’s where room correction will be incredible. I don’t know if you have ever heard of dirac. Incredible software

I’m using chord qutest, it’s like somebody turn on my eq and took16k and turned it all the way down. I even tried my old but awesome Schiit Bifrost 2
I'm using a Gungnir, FWIW. And a Pro (not a Pro Plus). Have you checked your WiiM device settings to see if anything changed with the update?

Perhaps @onlyoneme can chime in on whether he's noticed any measurable change in audio quality/distortion since the update.

I suggest opening a ticket to WiiM if you haven't already done so. If you've experienced an discernable change in audio quality, they should be able to check your device and if necessary, roll you back to an earlier firmware version.

If you are using an external dac and the sound has changed that much then it does seem as if there's a setting or someing somewhere that's been changed inadvertently.
Have you tried (re)enabling 'bit perfect' output?

Back