Firmware 4.8.604350

Or maybe the thing to try first is a factory reset. That often fixes things that veer off course.

If you are using an external dac and the sound has changed that much then it does seem as if there's a setting or someing somewhere that's been changed inadvertently.
Have you tried (re)enabling 'bit perfect' output?

Or maybe the thing to try first is a factory reset. That often fixes things that veer off course.
All good thanks for all the help gang. Did a reset and Tidal and Qobuz work perfectly. I think I panicked should have thought to reset myself. Just one of those things we have to put up with. But what a fabulous little streamer amazing sound for the money. I sent back a 1800 dollar streamer because the WiiM and App are better.

I'm using a Gungnir, FWIW. And a Pro (not a Pro Plus). Have you checked your WiiM device settings to see if anything changed with the update?

Perhaps @onlyoneme can chime in on whether he's noticed any measurable change in audio quality/distortion since the update.

I suggest opening a ticket to WiiM if you haven't already done so. If you've experienced an discernable change in audio quality, they should be able to check your device and if necessary, roll you back to an earlier firmware version.
All good, did a reset Tidal and Qobuz work perfectly. Thanks for all the replies 👍

Back