Fixed volume visual glitch on Tidal

Kasper Janssens

Hi Wiim,

Just wanted to point out a visual glitch/error where the word "fixed" is displayed on top/below the volume slider when 100% volume is switched on in the settings. I would get rid of the "fixed" and the volume slider all together when the volume is set to fixed, because moving the slider obviously doesn't do anything here. Keeps it clean, and it's still obvious to the user the volume is fixed because you can't adjust it.

Keep up the good work.

Greetings from Belgium.

unnamed.jpg

Hi Wiim,

Just wanted to point out a visual glitch/error where the word "fixed" is displayed on top/below the volume slider when 100% volume is switched on in the settings. I would get rid of the "fixed" and the volume slider all together when the volume is set to fixed, because moving the slider obviously doesn't do anything here. Keeps it clean, and it's still obvious to the user the volume is fixed because you can't adjust it.

Keep up the good work.

Greetings from Belgium.

View attachment 28
Hi Kasper, thanks for your suggestion. We'll discuss this internally. Please stay tuned!

Still there. A solution is not that hard to find (see screenshot) 🙂

Attachments

• IMG_2550.png
    IMG_2550.png
    380.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2550.png
    IMG_2550.png
    380.7 KB · Views: 25
Almost a year now and; nothing? I know it’s a minor issue, but looking at that every day is beginning to be a dealbreaker for me. Maybe it’s time to move to Bluesound?

I only understood this issue today. The pure number of posts in this thread may give you a hint how much other users judge that. If such a typological petitesse with not the slightest impact on sound is the reason to move to Bluesound I personally wish you a good journey.

Wa all have different standards for quality…
Of course you are right. But we are writing about a very cheap item. So it is as always in real life: One has to pay better for better quality. And of course if this is a dealbreaker take some money and go for better. Hope that reads not too offending 😉 it is only my personal thinking.

Our thougth is that we can add the lock on the volume icon and remove the fixed strings on the volume slider; it will be clearer on the now-playing page.

Back