FW 4.8.504065

biilym

Just got this FW 4.8.504065 update but no information anywhere on this?

Eventually once more the "wrong" place but could be a hint for some or another.
We had a little gathering yesterday evening for some listening experiments. Four men. Two around their mid-forties and two aged. So middle-aged ears and aged ears 😂 All four HiFi approved.
A friend brought his Pro Plus and we tried to find sound differences with the following scenarios. All streamers connected via a Dodocus switch to my new A-S 1200. No Roon due to the not yet certification of the Plus. Qobuz via WHA.
a. friend's Pro Plus.
b. my Pro with my battle horse Cambridge M200 DAC.
c. my iFi Neo Stream.
Result: Not a single guy could name any slightest audible difference.
I do not own a Plus yet, but it seems to be a hell of a brilliant streamer for an incredible price! One can be happy with for quite long 👍

Eventually once more the "wrong" place but could be a hint for some or another.
We had a little gathering yesterday evening for some listening experiments. Four men. Two around their mid-forties and two aged. So middle-aged ears and aged ears 😂 All four HiFi approved.
A friend brought his Pro Plus and we tried to find sound differences with the following scenarios. All streamers connected via a Dodocus switch to my new A-S 1200. No Roon due to the not yet certification of the Plus. Qobuz via WHA.
a. friend's Pro Plus.
b. my Pro with my battle horse Cambridge M200 DAC.
c. my iFi Neo Stream.
Result: Not a single guy could name any slightest audible difference.
I do not own a Plus yet, but it seems to be a hell of a brilliant streamer for an incredible price! One can be happy with for quite long 👍
Next time, I would like to ask you to do a streaming sound quality comparison blindfold test. 😉

Spotify vs AM vs Qobuz vs YTM

Next time, I would like to ask you to do a streaming sound quality comparison blindfold test. 😉

Spotify vs AM vs Qobuz vs YTM
Quite sure it will be a draw between AM and Qobuz.
And of course this yesterday 4-guy-event was all, but not a representative sample. Sometimes a "this is different" came, but it did not survive a second try.
No one till today could prove ME, what of course is also not representative, a LISTENABLE difference between CD quality and "High Res". May be this golden ears live anywhere, but not in my environment. The only services I bet I hear a inferiority on a DECENT stereo are Spotify and YTM as it is now. In that case resolution seems to matter
Blindfolded was the test after 0200, but that could be reasoned by some Cognacs. 😂

No one till today could prove ME, what of course is also not representative, a LISTENABLE difference between CD quality and "High Res". May be this golden ears live anywhere, but not in my environment.

In my country, I often see people who think their ears are golden.

I can't clearly tell the difference between Spotify and AM. Depending on the song, I sometimes feel like I can tell the difference. 😅

It's not that my ears are bad, it's that the audio can't keep up with my hearing. 😂

But it seems to be fact that the Pro is at 064 and the Plus at 065!
Eventually getting the higher number is a compensation for the higher price? 😇

Last edited:
In my country, I often see people who think their ears are golden.

I can't clearly tell the difference between Spotify and AM. Depending on the song, I sometimes feel like I can tell the difference. 😅

It's not that my ears are bad, it's that the audio can't keep up with my hearing. 😂
Make the comparison using really good headphones. For me the easiest way to target differences.

today mine wiim pro stopped playing suddenly and can't find device after that...after half an hour everything went back to normal...i hope it isn't related to new fw version, because my net connections still works on every other devices in the house...wiim is wired to network...

Back