Google Home / Assistant

Just setup Wiim Pro - advertised to work with Google Home and Assistant. I have Chromecast built-in enabled. When I click the link to set up voice control and multiroom, it takes me to the Google Home app. Where do I go from here? Google Home doesn't detect the device and Wiim is not listed under "Works with Google".
unnamed.jpg

Thanks in advance!

In the Google Home app, you need to add the WiiM via +/Set up Device/New Device (not Works with Google). The WiiM shows up as a native Chromecast device. It's best if your mobile device and the WiiM are on the same network/VLAN/SSID.

Hello, I am in the same situation. no Wiim pro device in the google home app even if the wiim pro has chromecast option enabled .
I rebooted device several times, but no way to see it.

In the gHome app, i run device discovery as described but then it falls into device type selection (chromecast/gTV, lamps, plugs, speakers...). I tried both chromecast/gTV and speakers with no results. is there something I can check?

let me clarify, i have gHome mini in a room and amazon echo in another, i want Wiim Pro is available on both (it is feasible with all smart home appliances like plugs, lamps, ...) so I assume that this is possible also for Wiim Pro (as no different advise).

Thank you!

Hello, I am in the same situation. no Wiim pro device in the google home app even if the wiim pro has chromecast option enabled .
I rebooted device several times, but no way to see it.

In the gHome app, i run device discovery as described but then it falls into device type selection (chromecast/gTV, lamps, plugs, speakers...). I tried both chromecast/gTV and speakers with no results. is there something I can check?

let me clarify, i have gHome mini in a room and amazon echo in another, i want Wiim Pro is available on both (it is feasible with all smart home appliances like plugs, lamps, ...) so I assume that this is possible also for Wiim Pro (as no different advise).

Thank you!
Are your phone and Pro on the same VLAN and WiFi SSID? And on the same frequency?

When you tap +/Set up device, you are selecting New device and not Works with Google, yes? Sounds like it, but just want to make sure.

Are your phone and Pro on the same VLAN and WiFi SSID? And on the same frequency?

When you tap +/Set up device, you are selecting New device and not Works with Google, yes? Sounds like it, but just want to make sure.
Hello, pro is cabled to the router and gHome is on Wi-Fi, ti should not affect device visibility. Isn’t it?
I use “+/set up device/new device”

Hello, pro is cabled to the router and gHome is on Wi-Fi, ti should not affect device visibility. Isn’t it?
I use “+/set up device/new device”
Time to isolate the problem. Try enabling WiFi, and connect to the same SSID as your phone, then disconnect Ethernet. See if the Pro automagically becomes available in Google Home. If so, then your router may be doing something funky, or assigning WiFi and Ethernet to different VLANs.

Time to isolate the problem. Try enabling WiFi, and connect to the same SSID as your phone, then disconnect Ethernet. See if the Pro automagically becomes available in Google Home. If so, then your router may be doing something funky, or assigning WiFi and Ethernet to different VLANs.
Ok, any way to configure Wi-Fi from the app? Or should i do in the first setup?

If you have Ethernet connected, IIRC it's the device settings (cog icon) and then enable WiFi. Now if you didn't specify a WiFi network when you first set up the Pro, you may have to restore factory settings and start from scratch. I don't know if it'll let you apply or change the WiFi network otherwise -- but you can try. Things improve with the fairly frequent firmware updates.

Back