Harmony Logitech

I contacted WiiM support about this. Their reply: We want to clarify that while the remote control was developed in collaboration with our supplier, the source code belongs to them and not to us directly.
What’s funny is that the WiiM remote is the most basic remote you can have. Nothing fancy/difficult… yet it’s Bluetooth only and is the ONLY physical remote you can use with their products. Even Apple opened up their proprietary Bluetooth remote to Logitech (assuming they needed to work with Apple to implement), AND still supports IR. I can’t think of another product that prevents Logitech from implementing a Bluetooth remote except for WiiM. And WiiM really just needs to add IR to their devices like other A/V equipment (maybe they entered into ‘An Offer you can’t refuse’ with the remote manufacturer where it was stipulated they can’t add IR 🤷‍♂️ )

I'm not a Harmony expert, but the Harmony remote that I have has a Hub that controls bluetooth devices.
They've got two "product lines" of remotes, Infrared Remotes and Hub-based Remotes.
My Harmony Elite is a Hub-based set with the hub and remote.
I think that some of the stand alone remotes have IR and BT capabilities, but I'm not sure.

Just noticed that their device compatibility* page says "All Harmony products can control this device" about my Wiim Mini, but Harmony still doesn't find any actions that it can do (I've set it up few weeks ago, I'll have to take a look again).

* I just happened to locate the Harmony Integrations / Device Compatibility -page, so I'm leaving it here for me and anyone else to find.

They've got two "product lines" of remotes, Infrared Remotes and Hub-based Remotes.
My Harmony Elite is a Hub-based set with the hub and remote.
I think that some of the stand alone remotes have IR and BT capabilities, but I'm not sure.

Just noticed that their device compatibility* page says "All Harmony products can control this device" about my Wiim Mini, but Harmony still doesn't find any actions that it can do (I've set it up few weeks ago, I'll have to take a look again).

* I just happened to locate the Harmony Integrations / Device Compatibility -page, so I'm leaving it here for me and anyone else to find.
I have my doubts about the authenticity of those WiiM entries in the Logitech database…

What do you mean?
Is there an authenticity element to the functions and actions of those items. Why?
I don’t know how those entries got into the Logitech device compatibility database, but I don’t think they came from WiiM nor their remote manufacturer since they apparently don’t have the functions to control WiiM devices.

I would have hoped that since they resemble fire Tv remotes both in form and function (I.e. primarily Bluetooth remotes) that WiiM and/or their supplier could have formally cooperated with Logitech but I don’t see any evidence of that having been done.

Back