Harmony Logitech

That’s because it’s not an IR remote, it’s Bluetooth
Yeah that's what I kinda thought. Well hopefully Wiim and Logitech will add the instruction set into the library for the app. Not a big deal for me since my Wiim Pro is set for full volume negating any need for volume controls.

Yeah that's what I kinda thought. Well hopefully Wiim and Logitech will add the instruction set into the library for the app. Not a big deal for me since my Wiim Pro is set for full volume negating any need for volume controls.
It seems a bit of a mess tbh - WiiM doesn’t appear as a manufacturer on the Logitech harmony devcice compatibility webpage, and my WiiMs don’t identify as music servers unless I expressly try and add them as such. When I do, the harmony app seems to fill in WiiM pro as the model and then tells me it can’t be controlled by IR. I’m not aware end users can add make/model details to the harmony database so it might be picking the info from elsewhere.
I would still be useful though to allow them to be controlled by Harmony so I could at least pause or skip tracks.

Guess we’ll need to wait and see

Same here. Would be a lovely addition. The Pro Plus has a simple remote. The Harmony Elite could even enhance what the original remote can do.

The only chance we will ever see a Wiim remote added to the Logitech database is if one of the Wiim owners or dev team also owns a Logitech harmony remote! Otherwise they would consider the harmony remote a dieing technology, which is a big shame for all us harmony owners.

Curious to know what could one possibly want a Harmony do that the Wiim remote + Wiim App can't?
My Pro is on standby so it doesn't need to be powered on. It is set to max volume. Just can't think of any use case for the Harmony remote with a Wiim device.
BTW, the Logitech Harmony app does have an entry for Wiim.

Curious to know what could one possibly want a Harmony do that the Wiim remote + Wiim App can't?
My Pro is on standby so it doesn't need to be powered on. It is set to max volume. Just can't think of any use case for the Harmony remote with a Wiim device.
It’s handy just to have the one remote to do it all - nothing more than that. I don’t want to have to reach for my phone, waken it, then find the app I want and navigate that.

The entry for WiiM in the harmony app is non-functional and looks like a user entry (if indeed that is possible). If WiiM gave the necessary info to Logitech, like Amazon have for their very similar fire tv remotes, that would be of benefit.

Edit: amended “functional” to “non-functional“!

Last edited:
Les remotes.

Shame Pinkdot has stopped LMS for the Synology, or someone takes over. It's stuck on 8.0.0

Shame Pinkdot has stopped LMS for the Synology, or someone takes over. It's stuck on 8.0.0
I think you’ll find that it’s not that Pinkdot has given up it’s more that it is simply not possible to run LMS on the newer versions of DSM. If your Synolgy NAS can run Docker then you can run LMS in that environment

I think you’ll find that it’s not that Pinkdot has given up it’s more that it is simply not possible to run LMS on the newer versions of DSM. If your Synolgy NAS can run Docker then you can run LMS in that environment

It's a realtek based NAS, so docker won't install. The Celeron based NAS's were quite a lot more expensive, I didn't need the extra video transcoding power, this Realtek NAS is more than fast enough.

I've stayed with DSM 6- if I install latest DSM 7, LMS will no longer function. Not happy about that.

Also what'll be great if Wiim allow system to be open source- so coders can write the own app. I liked how LMS/control is open source - also standard IP control, so it functions on any computer, IE, Firefox, also mobile phobe browser, or apps like orange squeeze, Squeeze commander, and lately LMS by craig drummond

Last edited:
The only chance we will ever see a Wiim remote added to the Logitech database is if one of the Wiim owners or dev team also owns a Logitech harmony remote! Otherwise they would consider the harmony remote a dieing technology, which is a big shame for all us harmony owners.

The Wiim Pro Plus can now be added as a playback device in the MyHarmony software.

The device entry in the software then displays this warning:

"Harmony is unable to control this device. This device does not have an infrared (IR) receiver and therefore cannot be controlled with an IR based remote such as Harmony."

On the Harmony remote, the Wiim is listed as a device, but with no command available.

So it has been added, but this has no practical advantage for a Harmony owner.

Last edited:
The Wiim Pro Plus can now be added as a playback device in the MyHarmony software.

The device entry in the software then displays this warning:

"Harmony is unable to control this device. This device does not have an infrared (IR) receiver and therefore cannot be controlled with an IR based remote such as Harmony."

On the Harmony remote, the Wiim is listed as a device, but with no command available.

So it had been added, but this has no practical advantage for a Harmony owner.
Yeah, I don’t know how but that doesn’t seem like a legitimate entry if it accomplishes nothing.

Well… the only advantage is setting up a Harmony Activity pointing to this ‘device’ on your remote, setting the AVR to right input at least ;) Baby steps in hopefully getting full integration at some point …

What we need is some cleverclogs who can set up a simple browser interface on a Raspberry Pi using a FLirc usb dongle that would match the button presses on a generic remote (say for a media center) against the corresponding WiiM HTTP API command for at least the functions on the WiiM remote itself. We could then use any media center or universal IR remote to control the WiiM. Maybe the FLirc software itself has a function to learn keypresses and fire off the necessary API HTTPs Get command, I’m just guessing.

Sorry if that’s a bit of a ramble, but I vaguely remember someone using FLirc and a Harmony (or Broadlink) remote to automate some stuff - I’ll see if I can find what I’m talking about (maybe a YouTube video by Paul Hibbert?) and see if that involved HTTPs Get commands.

This might also fit in with the Linux app someone mentioned here a few days back…

I contacted WiiM support about this. Their reply: We want to clarify that while the remote control was developed in collaboration with our supplier, the source code belongs to them and not to us directly.

What we need is some cleverclogs who can set up a simple browser interface on a Raspberry Pi using a FLirc usb dongle that would match the button presses on a generic remote (say for a media center) against the corresponding WiiM HTTP API command for at least the functions on the WiiM remote itself. We could then use any media center or universal IR remote to control the WiiM. Maybe the FLirc software itself has a function to learn keypresses and fire off the necessary API HTTPs Get command, I’m just guessing.

Sorry if that’s a bit of a ramble, but I vaguely remember someone using FLirc and a Harmony (or Broadlink) remote to automate some stuff - I’ll see if I can find what I’m talking about (maybe a YouTube video by Paul Hibbert?) and see if that involved HTTPs Get commands.

This might also fit in with the Linux app someone mentioned here a few days back…
I wanted to post something similar to this in this thread and then saw your very technical contribution.

I would like to add that I think I’m in the minority for use case as I use a WiiM Amp as my TV audio.

I posted a while back about how I wish WiiM added an IR receiver to this piece as Toslink is more than enough for home theatre stereo and giving up an HDMI port just for remote functions seems like such a waste.

Of course I’m leaving hi res out of this as I I’m coming from a TV based use case.

I wanted to post something similar to this in this thread and then saw your very technical contribution.

I would like to add that I think I’m in the minority for use case as I use a WiiM Amp as my TV audio.

I posted a while back about how I wish WiiM added an IR receiver to this piece as Toslink is more than enough for home theatre stereo and giving up an HDMI port just for remote functions seems like such a waste.

Of course I’m leaving hi res out of this as I I’m coming from a TV based use case.
I'm not a Harmony expert, but the Harmony remote that I have has a Hub that controls bluetooth devices.

Back