Help with setup

Sejonesy

I am considering buying WIIM pro, but need help with setup.
Current setup:
Klipsch the sixes powered speakers
Cambridge audio DAC
Two BIC Acoustech subs

I currently have optical from tv to DAC
DAC to Klipsch via RCA to 3.5
Obviously I am not not getting hi res audio.

How would I connect the WIIM Pro to improve my music streaming? Only have one optical input on the Klipsch. Can I keep the current setup but integrate the WIIM pro?

Which CA dac?
I'm assuming you want to use the CA dac rather than the one in the speakers.
Pro has optical and coax digital out, so I'd imagine you'd have one of those spare in the CA dac.
You say 'Only have one optical input on the Klipsch' implying you already have something connected that way?

Actually the optical is free in the Klipsch right now.
Which CA dac?
I'm assuming you want to use the CA dac rather than the one in the speakers.
Pro has optical and coax digital out, so I'd imagine you'd have one of those spare in the CA dac.
You say 'Only have one optical input on the Klipsch' implying you already have something connected that way?
CA DAC magic 100. Yea would prefer to use the DAC instead of powered speaker DAC. Have something called SP/dif 1 and 2 on back of DAC. Optical is free currently on Klipschs

Actually the optical is free in the Klipsch right now.

CA DAC magic 100. Yea would prefer to use the DAC instead of powered speaker DAC. Have something called SP/dif 1 and 2 on back of DAC. Optical is free currently on Klipschs
Those two spdif inputs are coax, so you could plug the pro into one of them then use the dac to change source between optical (tv) and spdif (wiim).

The pro also has optical in, so some people connect their tv to the pro optical in then either optical or coax out to their dac, so you'd then use the wiim home app to switch between tv and streaming.
Note that some people are having issues with static / crackling listening to tv this way.
There's a couple of threads on this.

The dac magic 100 says it supports up to 192khz on the digital inputs, so you're all good there.

This is awesome! Sorry for the dumb questions , but if I wanted to just keep tv the same way and not worrying about switching, what are the options? Only have the optical on back of Klipschs

You have to switch somewhere.
You could plug the pro into the speakers, but you'd then need to switch betwen optical and 3.5mm on the speakers.

The dac 100 doesn't have a remote, but does have a source selection knob.
If you want to keep the tv the way it is then it would seem to be pretty simple to just twist the knob slightly to change input.

I believe there is a feature request for the pro to use the buttons to change input, if you were to plug the tv into the pro.
For now I think you have to use the wiim app to switch.
Or, and someone else may be able to add more info here, I think there's also auto sensing on the pro, if some menu options are set up correctly, so if the pro was in standby mode and you turned on the tv then the pro would turn on and auto switch to the optical input.

Yes I could switch source on the DAC . I’m am new to this stuff and still confused if I keep setup the way it is, how I would connect Wiim and DAC to speakers. The optical is currently in Dac from tv and to RCA to 3.5 to speakers. I could go the coaxial from DAC, but where to connect to speaker in this scenario. Back of this sixes just has optical and 3.5

Yes I could switch source on the DAC . I’m am new to this stuff and still confused if I keep setup the way it is, how I would connect Wiim and DAC to speakers. The optical is currently in Dac from tv and to RCA to 3.5 to speakers. I could go the coaxial from DAC, but where to connect to speaker in this scenario
There would still be just the one existing connection from the dac to the speakers.

Both the tv and wiim connect to the dac, one optical, one coax.
You use the dac source knob to decide which sound goes to the speakers.

Looking at a picture of the front of the dac 100, it looks like toslink and spdif2 are 'next' to each other.
i.e. right now I'd expect the light above the word toslink to be lit, and if you rotated the source knob one click anticlockwise the spdif2 light would come on instead. Click clockwise and you're back to toslink.
If so, I'd recommend you simply plug the pro into spdif2, then you just need to twist the knob one click in either direction to change what goes to your speakers.

Last edited:
You have been so helpful. I know exactly what to do now! Thank you so much!! Yes toslink is on now and I do know how to change source! Looks like just need a coaxial digital cable with the pro and I will be all set!

Yeah, apparently it comes with an optical cable, but not coax.
tbh, any 'analogue' coax cable you might have lying around will do.
Some might consider that blasphemy, but... ;)

No harm in getting a 'proper' digital cable later on, but note that some people have had issues connecting some coax cables due to the limited space around the wiim connection.

Last edited:
Back