Home app option to backup wiim product config

WiimNoob

Major Contributor
Is this possible; if during a firmware update or we need to restore a custom eq setting to take a backup/snapshot of the wiim product to restore from? Store on local device be that droid or apple. Thank you.

Is this possible; if during a firmware update or we need to restore a custom eq setting to take a backup/snapshot of the wiim product to restore from? Store on local device be that droid or apple. Thank you.
Not that I've seen. This would be an excellent feature for WiiM to consider.

In practice, there would be some versioning issues where a set of configuration items might exist (or not) in one version of firmware and be different in another. An example in the EQ recently, if I recall correclty there were 4 parameters and then it changed to 10 parameters. With a feature and its configuration in flux, it is hard to get it right for the end-customer. So, choices would have to be made and some customers will be unhappy that some things get backed up and others don't work as expected. For more mature features that don't change much, it certainly would be good to have.

We could also maybe extend this feature and allow "syncing" of recently played across devices?! That would be legendary!!

We could also maybe extend this feature and allow "syncing" of recently played across devices?! That would be legendary!!
Is it something like this? 🙂

Is it something like this? 🙂

Yes, exactly! I upvoted 🙏

Back